How Does my Build Plan Look?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How Does my Build Plan Look?
Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 0:32 Quote
dillis wrote:
Here is my latest and greatest plan.

Blckmrkt Edit 1 custom built frame (isg5 tabs, dimples to fit a 32 tooth chainring) $600
Manitou Circus expert fork 100mm $450
Azonic Outlaw wheelset $350
Azonic Pin It seatpost $30
Azonic DMX pedals $100
Azonic Agile handlebar $45
Azonic Baretta 2 stem $60
Shiman Zee der. and shifter $100
Continental mountain king tires $100
Tubes $25
ODI grips $20
MRP chainguide $120
FSA Impact headset $30
Shimano Cassette $60
KMC 9 speed chain
Race face narrow wide chainring 30t $50
Jagwire cable kit $25
Shimano disc brakes $250
BB $30
Profile cranks/tube spacer thingy $170
Crank spider $30
Comes out at roughly $2500

Again. Don't waste money and add useless weight to your bike on a chain guide when there are narrow-wide chain rings....

Do you even listen to us?

Also get a cheaper bike in the beginning so you can actually start riding instead of wasting a year of fun for a bike that in your case is unneccssarily expensive.

You're a 15 years old guy, no need for a brand new $2500 bike.

Also I've seen people like you coming by on Pinkbike hundreds of times before.
Young kids sharing all their dream set ups and not listening to what people say.
And then have a new dream set up and share it and again not listen to what people say.
ALL of these kids never ended up building that bike and only wasted our time here. Pretty sure this case will end up exactly the same.

You've heard our advice. I think it's time for the mods to lock the thread now. Get back to us when you're actually serious about it and are willing to listen to us.

I'm not wasting any more time here, so I unsubscribed. Bye bye!

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 10:16 Quote
Mattin wrote:
dillis wrote:
Here is my latest and greatest plan.

Blckmrkt Edit 1 custom built frame (isg5 tabs, dimples to fit a 32 tooth chainring) $600
Manitou Circus expert fork 100mm $450
Azonic Outlaw wheelset $350
Azonic Pin It seatpost $30
Azonic DMX pedals $100
Azonic Agile handlebar $45
Azonic Baretta 2 stem $60
Shiman Zee der. and shifter $100
Continental mountain king tires $100
Tubes $25
ODI grips $20
MRP chainguide $120
FSA Impact headset $30
Shimano Cassette $60
KMC 9 speed chain
Race face narrow wide chainring 30t $50
Jagwire cable kit $25
Shimano disc brakes $250
BB $30
Profile cranks/tube spacer thingy $170
Crank spider $30
Comes out at roughly $2500

Again. Don't waste money and add useless weight to your bike on a chain guide when there are narrow-wide chain rings....

Do you even listen to us?

Also get a cheaper bike in the beginning so you can actually start riding instead of wasting a year of fun for a bike that in your case is unneccssarily expensive.

You're a 15 years old guy, no need for a brand new $2500 bike.

Also I've seen people like you coming by on Pinkbike hundreds of times before.
Young kids sharing all their dream set ups and not listening to what people say.
And then have a new dream set up and share it and again not listen to what people say.
ALL of these kids never ended up building that bike and only wasted our time here. Pretty sure this case will end up exactly the same.

You've heard our advice. I think it's time for the mods to lock the thread now. Get back to us when you're actually serious about it and are willing to listen to us.

I'm not wasting any more time here, so I unsubscribed. Bye bye!

You've posted twice in here I think.

Also, I acknowledged what you said and thought about it. I feel like a narrow wide chairing alone won't keep my chain on while jumping

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 10:44 Quote
i think you should just buy a complete bike or something. it really sounds like you'd be better off with 2 bikes that are built for purpose instead of buying one bike that will never be particularly good for either. the ns clash 1 will be more than enough bike for a beginner, and you can upgrade any parts you want to as and when you want, and is less than $2000

there's a lot of complete bikes that are all rounders that will be a perfect starting block

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 10:49 Quote
grumpysteve wrote:
i think you should just buy a complete bike or something. it really sounds like you'd be better off with 2 bikes that are built for purpose instead of buying one bike that will never be particularly good for either. the ns clash 1 will be more than enough bike for a beginner, and you can upgrade any parts you want to as and when you want, and is less than $2000

there's a lot of complete bikes that are all rounders that will be a perfect starting block

Alright, I probably will... But I'm gonna keep this build in the back of my head as a project. And really with this bike I want to build if I don't like the gears I can swap it to single speed, easy. But I will just buy a used dirtjumper for now

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 10:53 Quote
that sounds like a better plan Smile if you decide you really really don't want gears i'd suggest a single speed hub, but that can come in time

Posted: Sep 17, 2014 at 20:46 Quote
Figure out what you actually want the bike for first. So many people think you can have a do-it-all bike.

You can't.

Your build looks like some sort of mutant cross between a dj/xc/all mountain hardtail, I'm not raggin' on you personally, just saying that it's a pointless bike. When you know what kind of riding you want to do, then focus on what bike, and what parts are best suited to that style of riding.

Posted: Nov 5, 2014 at 20:49 Quote
Looking like I'm gonna pick up a bike this weekend.

Specialized P1 2011. Singlespeed, rear brake, rigid for now. I think It'll be pretty fun!

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 at 2:05 Quote
do what you wish to.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020534
Mobile Version of Website