Cheap alternative to Truvativ Hussefelt cranks/bb??? Please help

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Cheap alternative to Truvativ Hussefelt cranks/bb??? Please help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 14:28 Quote
Hey everyone. I have an '06 Specialized P2 with Truvativ Hussefelt Howitzer cranks & bb.... Is there a cheap alternative to these? I keep killing the arms & I'm quickly losing $ as well as patience! I can't just rattle off the specs like alot of riders on here, sorry guys lol, but I'm sure alot of you know about these anyway.... They seem pretty common among DJ & some DH bikes. Does anyone know a cheap alternative to these where I can still run my single chainring? Please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 15:28 Quote
If you keep breaking your truvativ cranks...maybe going cheaper isn't best idea because those will probably not last any longer. I love my race face chesters...not too pricy (a bit more than the hussefelts) but they can sure take a beating.

Posted: Aug 30, 2014 at 13:23 Quote
Very true. Thanks for the tip about the race face chesters, I'm going to look into a set & hopefully I can stop breaking them lol

Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 6:57 Quote
Describe "killing".
I ,myself, have noticed if the spacing wrong with theses BBs, the arms tend to slip. My solution was to remove spacers and tighten down as much as possible before installing arms.

In most cases, this has worked.

in some scenarios, I've just switched to BMX cranks with a 19t Spline. Profile and Perv are my go to's.

Posted: Dec 13, 2014 at 15:57 Quote
Shimano Deore Hollowtech II 2014.
I chose those over the Hussefelt, because the Hussefelt is very expensive and the material is too soft and I just cannot stand the lack of quality of those. Deore comes with a thru axle and are quite ok on weight. They are also 30 Euro cheaper, at least in Germany. For 35 Euro you get brand new Saint pedals. Dilema solved Smile

Posted: Dec 15, 2014 at 9:01 Quote
Just put a saint crank on and be done with it.stiff,bomb proof

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009152
Mobile Version of Website