Managing drops - wheelie drops

PB Forum :: Beginners
Managing drops - wheelie drops
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Sep 5, 2014 at 10:59 Quote
I seem to have a tendancy for going OTB on little 2' drops. I've slowed the rebound on my fork which seems to help.

In my head, I know I should wheelie-drop them, but I seem to have a mental block. Is it just a matter of railing them at speed, building up to it...I'm probably overthinking it aswell which isn't helping.

Tricks or advice would be helpful

Posted: Sep 7, 2014 at 23:53 Quote
you need more speed. and keep your hand away from the front brake on the landing

Posted: Sep 8, 2014 at 0:58 Quote
4 things to help in a drop,
Speed
Lunge
Absorb
Preload

If you do more of 1 or 2 of the things, the less u need of the others.

suspension wont matter on drops. its literally all body movement. practice lunging of them, accelerating the bike out from underneath you to get the rear wheel off as quickly as possible. this will minimise the rotation affect your getting. you can do this at a slow speed, just requires a more dynamic lunge. preload is for clearing some more distance. lunge is most used though. so practice lunging the bike off the lip of the drop. and go at a speed your comfortable with and build up.

also absorb the bikes back wheel coming up udnerneath you still will also stop the feeling of you going OTB supple legs, dont stay stiff!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010095
Mobile Version of Website