Team Rumours

PB Forum :: UCI DH World Cup
Team Rumours
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 9, 2014 at 15:15 Quote
Nick Beer - Beer - Intense(?) Based on pic.
Andrew Neethling - Needles - Moondraker(?) Based on pic.
Danny Hart - Hart/British flag - KTM(?) Based on interwebz saying he rides their mx.
Neko Mulally - Broken Chain
Troy Brosnan(?) - Kangaroo - SRAM/TLD(?) Based on that he currently rides for them but maybe another bike cause of Gwin-gate.
Sam Blenkinshop(?) - Kiwi bird - Scott(?) Based on interwebz comment from random guy.
Connor Fearon(?) - Rag doll
Sam Dale - Horse(?) - Scott(?) Based on interwebz comment from random guy.
? - Rambo
? - Yeah man

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 7:31 Quote
MendelMu wrote:
Danny Hart - Hart/British flag - KTM(?) Based on interwebz saying he rides their mx.
Troy Brosnan(?) - Kangaroo - SRAM/TLD(?) Based on that he currently rides for them but maybe another bike cause of Gwin-gate.
Sam Blenkinshop(?) - Kiwi bird - Scott(?) Based on interwebz comment from random guy.
? - Rambo
? - Yeah man

I would think the "Yeah Boy" would be Connor, seeing as the caption "Yuuuuuuuh Connuuuuuuuuh" (or something similar) has been going all season. Then again ragdoll could very well be him also.

Order then that, your evaluation isn't off. Kangaroo I'm tempted to say Sam Hill. He was signed for 2013-2014 with an option to add 2 more years if things we're going well on both sides. Don't see why he'd leave Nukeproof (results this year speak for themselves) but hey, WC racing is what it is.

Kiwi could be anyone really: Bulldog, Master Brothers, Blenki?

Then again, the Bulldog could also be Rambo. The man has been smashing his way through every course this year, having near misses that would have killed anybody else, or crashes that didn't even seem to bother him (seeing his crash in St-Anne first hand). Kinda reminds me of some action movie hero blowing up a tank with a machine gun lol.

I love/hate this part of season, always disappointing for some riders/teams, and then again other teams stack up so much it's insane.

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 8:04 Quote
Alex-Mtl wrote:
MendelMu wrote:
? - Rambo
? - Yeah man

I would think the "Yeah Boy" would be Connor, seeing as the caption "Yuuuuuuuh Connuuuuuuuuh" (or something similar) has been going all season. Then again ragdoll could very well be him also.

Order then that, your evaluation isn't off. Kangaroo I'm tempted to say Sam Hill. He was signed for 2013-2014 with an option to add 2 more years if things we're going well on both sides. Don't see why he'd leave Nukeproof (results this year speak for themselves) but hey, WC racing is what it is.

Kiwi could be anyone really: Bulldog, Master Brothers, Blenki?

Then again, the Bulldog could also be Rambo. The man has been smashing his way through every course this year, having near misses that would have killed anybody else, or crashes that didn't even seem to bother him (seeing his crash in St-Anne first hand). Kinda reminds me of some action movie hero blowing up a tank with a machine gun lol.

I love/hate this part of season, always disappointing for some riders/teams, and then again other teams stack up so much it's insane.

Speculation update.

Beer - Nick Beer - Intense(?) Based on pic.

Syringes - Andrew Neethlings - Moondraker(?) Based on pic.

Hart/British flag - Danny Hart - Probably not KTM since he rides Suzuki, after some research.

Broken Chain - Neko Mulally - Would make sense if he went to Intense, he is young and they got Palmer now for mentorship. All American!

Kangaroo - Sam Hill(?) 'cause of his contract, Troy Brosnan(?) because the competition/salary thing in the team - SRAM/TLD would make sense for either of them. Sam Hill already rides for SRAM/TLD and his contract is up, maybe a new team is in the making. Brosnan already ride for SRAM/TLD who might feel its bad business having fox sponsored Gwin on the same team why he would leave with them.

Kiwi bird - Blenkinshop(?), 'cause the of the competition within the team with young guns like Loic Bruni and Loris Somethingfrench coming for the top spot. Bulldog(?), he was brought in as a replacment for Gwin, had a lot of injuries. Both him and the team might be looking for a fresh start. Master brothers(?), high profile which probably make them a good sign for most teams.

Horse - Sam Dale(?), 'cause he shares the name with a 19 century longdistance horse rider. - Scott, cause some random internet guy said he was good friend with Brendog.

Yeah boy - Connor Fearon, 'cause of trending pic captions.

Rag doll - Connor Fearon(?), ' cause he rag dolled in Hafjell.

Rambo - Bulldog(?), 'cause he is a fcking warrior.Does he use a bandana like rambo as well?

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 8:38 Quote
To keep on with the Speculation.

Master Brothers ==> High Profile (not the best but sure give quite a show on the WC scene) ==> Norco? Could this also possibly mean Casey Brown back on Norco?

Then again, the Kiwi bird really seems to be Blenki, like you said he's fighting with Bruni and Vergier for top spot on that team. Lapierre Being a french team, they might wanna keep that whole french vibe going with Bruni, Vergier and Ragot. Where does that send Blenki though... besides Scott with Brendan I don't see where he'd be fitting in.

Mullaly and Beer on Intense would be intense (hehe see what I did there?). With Palmer as a mentor I can see this team shaking things up.

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 9:22 Quote
Rag doll could be Adam Brayton, 'cause of his big crash and the guy who rode the bike down really rag dolled down the woops in cairns. Book

But what is really interesting is who are the poor f*cks going to KTM and Sunn. lol

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 10, 2014 at 9:29 Quote
MendelMu wrote:
Rag doll could be Adam Brayton, 'cause of his big crash and the guy who rode the bike down really rag dolled down the woops in cairns. Book

But what is really interesting is who are the poor f*cks going to KTM and Sunn. lol

That is exactly what I've been thinking lol

Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 18:09 Quote
Minnaar? ragdolled? at the finish line in Meribel

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 11, 2014 at 19:06 Quote
tsumpton wrote:
Minnaar? ragdolled? at the finish line in Meribel

Meh... I think that's kind of a long stretch, and I remember correctly he still has a contract with SC till the end of 2015, not on the list.

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 3:06 Quote
Rambo - weapons and shit, on the hunt - could be anyone of the CRC guys.

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 14:24 Quote
I don't think Brosnan will leave specialized, he has been the only one to bear the burden of this monster....

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 14:32 Quote
GiantSpecializedEddie wrote:
I don't think Brosnan will leave specialized, he has been the only one to bear the burden of this monster....
Keep in mind Eric Carter will not be team manager anymore.
That might push Troy to leave.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 14:33 Quote
I'm not sure he was in the list (image), but Loïc Bruni has officially resigned with Lapierre.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/loic-bruni-will-ride-again-for-lapierre-gravity-republic-in-2015.html

Not really surprised, Lapierre is probably gonna try to keep the team as french as possible.

So... on other news, from different sources after Interbike last week: Micayla Gatto is officially off of Pivot Cycles, so they're searching for another girl which could possibly be Emmeline Ragot (contract is up with Lapierre, and not necessarily looking at renewing).

Bergamont are no longer going to be on the WC scene, so that means Jack Moir, Ed Masters and Casey Brown are free game. IMO I wouldn't be surprised seeing Norco boost up their roster with all 3 of them.

Troy Brosnan and/or Danny Hart possibly moving to CRC with Sam, who is no longer on Royal and back on TLD (could this be the new Sram/TLD team... hum very possible).

Connor Fearon is HOT right now, lot's of people are trying to get at him. That's about all I could get from different people who went.

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 14:37 Quote
Hart, Hill and Troy on the same team?
WTF have you been smoking?
I would understand Hill and Troy because they've raced together for a lot of years,
but at this level, having three serious contenders for the top spot on the same team is just begging for bad team dynamics which will inevitably turn out bad.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013287
Mobile Version of Website