Fox 36 uppers

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox 36 uppers
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 11:12 Quote
I've managed to wear away some of the coating on one of my stanchions just above the seal and now it leaks a bit. I'd like to avoid buying a brand new set of uppers so wondered about trying to find a set of 36s that someone might have bashed up the lowers but still had some uppers in reasonable nick.

What I was wondering though was whether there would be any issue with using some from a different version. Would all 160mm 36s have the same uppers? Mine are 2007 (i think) van Rs. Obviously i'd need to get the right steerer but is there anything else that would make them incompatible?

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 19:03 Quote
If you have your uppers coating damage, you have to replace the bushings. this is the common issue with fox.
anyway, I advise you to look for uppers from the same fork model, coz other ones can have a slightly different inner diameter for example

FL
Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 13:14 Quote
Yeah, I was going to replace the seals/bushings at the same time. Would having different internal diameter stanchions really matter?

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 13:49 Quote
depends of what model your fork is. for example if it uses air spring, air piston may not fit new uppers. also if u have closed damper cartridge and steel spring and no details, sliding in the uppers, so in this case inner diameter does not matter

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017858
Mobile Version of Website