Can I lockout front fork while on the bike?

PB Forum :: 29ers
Can I lockout front fork while on the bike?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 16:31 Quote
Alright, I'm a suber noob so I don't know if this is the right place to post and this is probably a silly question but what the hell I'll ask anyway.

I just found a killer deal on a Kona Taro so I bought it. It uses a RockShox Sektor Gold 130mm front fork with lockout. I'm wondering if:
1) I can engage the lockout while I'm on the bike and riding
2) It's bad to partially engage the lockout feature (i.e. not turn the little knob to fully locked).

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 4:36 Quote
It's easy to change the lock out on your suspenchion while riding it. When I'm racing all mountain I often change the suspenchion if I'm desending or climbing. It's really easy to change

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 8:13 Quote
I know it's easy to change I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't damage the suspension if I changed it while I was sitting on the bike (i.e. make sure that it wasn't necessary for me to get off the bike and take the weight off the suspension before I locked it out)

Posted: Sep 16, 2014 at 20:15 Quote
AlbinoBlacMan wrote:
I know it's easy to change I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't damage the suspension if I changed it while I was sitting on the bike (i.e. make sure that it wasn't necessary for me to get off the bike and take the weight off the suspension before I locked it out)
No you do not have to unweight the fork, a remote is quite useful.

Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 1:40 Quote
Nice bike mate! I love my Taro,
You're all good to lock out the fork while you're riding - I do it all the time. If you've weighted the fork slightly while leaning forward to lock out the fork, just take all your weight off the fork and it will extend to full travel and stay locked there (unless you hit any big bumps in which case it will still absorb it - this doesn't mean your fork is broken, it's meant to do that).

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 2:44 Quote
AlbinoBlacMan wrote:
Alright, I'm a suber noob so I don't know if this is the right place to post and this is probably a silly question but what the hell I'll ask anyway.

I just found a killer deal on a Kona Taro so I bought it. It uses a RockShox Sektor Gold 130mm front fork with lockout. I'm wondering if:
1) I can engage the lockout while I'm on the bike and riding
2) It's bad to partially engage the lockout feature (i.e. not turn the little knob to fully locked).

Thanks in advance,
Chris
yes move the dial anywhere you want any time thats the whole point of the dial. i have my dial half way most of the time - i have 150mm travel so half way makes it better for sprinting. if i go to the bmx track i lock the forks same on smooth bridleways & fire roads, when i'm descending & on rough stuff have the fully open for max travel. i tend to adjust my forks quite often when out on a ride.

O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 2:47 Quote
you can even get a rockshox remote which has the dial & mounts to the handlebar for on the fly adjustments without taking hands off.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010369
Mobile Version of Website