24" dirt jump

• Previous Page
Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 13:56 Quote
I am in need of a 24" dirt jumper. I need to known what bike I should get. I am trying to stay in or around the $1500 area.

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 14:26 Quote
For that you could almost do a custom build. What are you looking for? I assume you want a sus fork? If you want a cruiser then you are covered $1500 would get you two.

I am not sure who makes a 24" any more that wheel size is almost rare, not many of us chose that size it seems. Do you have a donor bike?

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 14:47 Quote
Wow, searching for a 24" complete at a pro level bike makes me want to get into building bikes. There are quite a few nice frames out there but completes are generally aimed at kids. You have a good amount of cash to lay down, you may want to consider looking for a 26" bike then stripping it.

I did that years ago with a Norco 125. Bought the bike tripped it and sold all the parts keeping the frame. The frame was $600 the whole bike was if memory serves was $1100. I got the frame in the end for like $200 after selling the parts. You would be in the opposite position. But a bike sell the frame DON"T RIDE IT even for a minute. Sell it as new. Then you have a choice strip the wheels and sell the rims, buy new spokes and rims lace em up, buy frame of your choice Like the Tonic Fab Fall Guy. NICE!!

In your position I think that's the way I would go and end up with my frame of choice, but it is a bit of a pain.

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 16:38 Quote
I've actully narrowed it down to either the blackmarket contraban the ns Capitol or the Dartmoor 2 player!

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 17:08 Quote
Kylerg454 wrote:
I've actully narrowed it down to either the blackmarket contraban the ns Capitol or the Dartmoor 2 player!

Also look at the Union Street Molly Maguire 24". There are a couple on PINKBIKE buy/sell. And I actually have one I'd probably sell.

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 18:11 Quote
The Dartmoor 24player may be on the small side. The Blk Mrkt does look like a nice frame didn't know it was available complete. Same as the NS, thought it was frame only, but very nice specs there I do like that as well. The Union looks very similar except longer seat stays, slightly slacker HA I think as well. Definitely a good DJ bike.

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 18:38 Quote
Tri-moly frame...... Granted, they made the important tubes cromo, still, not really where I'd put my money.

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 19:22 Quote
ricar wrote:
Tri-moly frame...... Granted, they made the important tubes cromo, still, not really where I'd put my money.

True. And their original list price supposedly being nine hundred something.... that's way overpriced. It's really not much different than like a "front triangle chromoly" FIT for $400.
http://www.empirebmx.com/fit-bikes-conway-1-2015 That's just a factor of MTB just generally being more expensive than BMX, just for market reasons....

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 19:51 Quote
I am only 5' so in staying small and I have read about the Molly McGuire I'm looking for a bike that fits what I'm doing and I also want the geometry of a true dirt jumper like the blkmarker contraband. I am a little concerned about frame only, I would like to get a complete bike more.

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 19:54 Quote
I've also opened up to the octane one spark

Posted: Sep 21, 2014 at 22:24 Quote
Kylerg454 wrote:
I've also opened up to the octane one spark

According to this, http://octane-one.com/spark/, it looks like the new Spark is for 26" wheels.

The older one (2012) was for 24"s. http://octane-one.com/2012/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=197:spark-24-streetpark-frame-for-24-wheels-only&catid=51:frames&Itemid=64

I think 24"s will work great for you.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 16:41 Quote
The NS looked like the smallest, also good numbers for dirt IMO

Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 19:15 Quote
Kylerg454 wrote:
Ns capital is such a sick bike, use to have one and they are so sick riding it and mine was 25 pounds!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010102
Mobile Version of Website