Fork travel setup.. Please help!!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Fork travel setup.. Please help!!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2014 at 20:50 Quote
A couple weeks ago I picked up a stout DJ large frame that has a new set of x fusion vengeance shox. I'm pretty certain the travel will go up to 170mm. The guy I got it from had installed spacers to limit the travel to 60mm though? I figured i would try it out before removing the spacers but it's damn near a rigid feel, doesn't handle all that well and I feel like I'm on top of the front wheel.

What does everyone else have their setup at? I'm considering 100mm.. Any input is appreciated

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 8:20 Quote
That's how it's supposed to feel. unless you don't like that for your style of riding.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 11:58 Quote
Take some spacers out and try riding it on 100mm travel

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 16:39 Quote
That is about how my set up is. I am running a Jumper 110 that I replaced the spring in. I put in the stiffest spring available ( the guy at the bike shop didn't want to sell it to me because he said I wasn't heavy enough) and a spacer to lower it. Took about 45 minutes to push the top cap on and not cross thread it because of the preload.

If you do take the fork apart be careful the cap does not come flying at your face if he's gone and done the same thing.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009065
Mobile Version of Website