Code R Caliper Leaking

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Code R Caliper Leaking
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 27, 2014 at 20:42 Quote
Hi, I think my front Code R Caliper is leaking. Whenever I inspect my brake pads and front caliper they are always covered in brake fluid. I use my weed burner to get the fluid off and they don't squeak for a while but whenever I go to use by bike again they are squeaking like crazy. I tried taking apart and then reassembling my caliper but that didn't do anything. What can I do to fix this?

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 17:31 Quote
hi
if this is a constant occurrence then the either the seals in the caliper have failed, or the where the hose enters the caliper is not tight enough and the fluid under pressure is able to get out. using a weed burner to get the fluid off will defiantly not help the situation, if anything it is properly causing more damage than it is fixing. Also attempting to pull the caliper apart has also probably caused more damage than its fixed. My advice, just buy a new brake, when calipers leak theres not much, if anything that can be done to fix it.

hopefully this is helpful

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 23:29 Quote
Buy a piston and seal kit and use silicone lubricant on the piston seals, as long as there is no damage to the caliper then it will solve the problem. Also replace the pads and clean the rotor thoroughly.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.110667
Mobile Version of Website