2013 GT Speed Series Help!

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
2013 GT Speed Series Help!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 28, 2014 at 14:03 Quote
Hello Pinkbike,

I just needed some help for buying a 2013 GT Speed Race BMX bike.

I am 5'9 / 175 cm and I wanted to buy a 21" frame. Unfortunately, I cant find this size anywhere and my only options are 20.5" and 21.5"

Which size should I choose?

Also, does anyone here know the difference between the 2012 and 2013 Speed Series? The only difference I can see is that the handlebar grips are different colors.

And does anyone know when the 2014 GT Speed Series are going to go on sale?

Thanks a lot!

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 8:08 Quote
First of all you should get the 20.5 if you wanna get the bike you want and also 2014 s are already out you can see them in their website i think you wanted to mean the 2015

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 9:15 Quote
Gloryracer wrote:
First of all you should get the 20.5 if you wanna get the bike you want and also 2014 s are already out you can see them in their website i think you wanted to mean the 2015

I was actually talking about the 2013 series. But you sure the 20.5 would fit me? I called gt up the other day and they said that they couldnt give me a size reference because they said the 20.5 would be a bit small and the 21.5 woud be a bit big...

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 at 10:07 Quote
I meant 2015 are the one that are not out yet , I am sure it can fit you .5 wont have a huge impact and also my dad i 175 so i know what i am talking bout just go with 20.5 smallers are better for bmx rather than a bigger one

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 20:07 Quote
Gloryracer wrote:
I meant 2015 are the one that are not out yet , I am sure it can fit you .5 wont have a huge impact and also my dad i 175 so i know what i am talking bout just go with 20.5 smallers are better for bmx rather than a bigger one

I'm going to call you out and say you're full of it. 10 years and not one person has told me smaller is better.

First off, I'm 5'9-10 and would pick the pro XXL personally. You're going to want. A frame with stability and that half inch makes a difference. The Speed series are a slightly flexy bike but they're wonderful to ride because the flex does it's job where it's needed.

Picking the right bike is half your battle when it comes to race. A longer bike has more advantages. Period. Better pump out of a manual because of the leverage you have, better stability when airborn.

If you have already picked up a 20.5 go take it back/sell it. You made the straight up wrong choice. Smallest you should ever be on is a 21.25 (a lot of proXl's on the market) but I'd honestly recommend you try a 21.5 first...

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 20:10 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
Gloryracer wrote:

I'm going to call you out and say you're full of it. 10 years and not one person has told me smaller is better.

First off, I'm 5'9-10 and would pick the pro XXL personally. You're going to want. A frame with stability and that half inch makes a difference. The Speed series are a slightly flexy bike but they're wonderful to ride because the flex does it's job where it's needed.

Picking the right bike is half your battle when it comes to race. A longer bike has more advantages. Period. Better pump out of a manual because of the leverage you have, better stability when airborn.

If you have already picked up a 20.5 go take it back/sell it. You made the straight up wrong choice. Smallest you should ever be on is a 21.25 (a lot of proXl's on the market) but I'd honestly recommend you try a 21.5 first...

Thank you. This actually helps me out a lot!!

Posted: Oct 19, 2014 at 20:14 Quote
You won't be dissapointed in a Pro XXL Speed series. The geometry is exactly the same as my Avent which has to have the best of what I've ridden in the past few years.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009861
Mobile Version of Website