Choosing My Bike

PB Forum :: 29ers
Choosing My Bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 8, 2014 at 8:46 Quote
My head's really starting to spin now. Am looking for something 2nd hand to be used mainly on trails. I'm 6'3" and my 1st foray into the sport was a bit of a let down after spending £200 on a Halfords Special that didn't work. This was some years ago and I fancy another go now I have some more free time.
I have £500 max to spend.
Choice is a newish 29er hardtail such as Rockhopper or something a bit higher line that's a few years older such as a XC FSR or similar.

Been trawling the tinterweb for something suitable but the choices on an XL frame are very limited or collection is a 4 hour drive away (I live East Yorks.)

Any offers or suggestions really welcome. Just want a decent bike that will do the job.

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 at 9:54 Quote
Check the pjnkbike buysell I am sure there are some bikes waiting for you

Posted: Oct 11, 2014 at 14:04 Quote
did you make a decision?, remember 29ers can have alot of seat post so depending what sort of position you want to sit, a high end Large ally frame would be fine. The XL's are very long so I would still suggest trying a large first. Specialized or Cannondale have some very nice models.

Also if you buy something like a spesh or cannondale you get lifetime warranty Wink

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009273
Mobile Version of Website