Bulk Strava Upload

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Bulk Strava Upload
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 14:14 Quote
...doesn't seem to be working (Chrome on WCool . I'll have way more than 200 Strava rides which looks like the limit - I can see "uncheck all - next 200" but nothing beneath/no checkboxes.

Otherwise I'm very impressed, fantastic idea and I'm looking forward to using Trailforks, well done!

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 14:26 Quote
I tried Chrome, Firefox, and Safari and nothing uploaded for me. I figure the servers are probably getting overloaded.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 15:43 Quote
Panda-G wrote:
...doesn't seem to be working (Chrome on WCool . I'll have way more than 200 Strava rides which looks like the limit - I can see "uncheck all - next 200" but nothing beneath/no checkboxes.

Otherwise I'm very impressed, fantastic idea and I'm looking forward to using Trailforks, well done!

Can you link me one of your Strava activities. If the activity is not a "bike" activity it won't import, or if its set to private or as a commute it also won't import.

But.. the problem might be we've hit the Strava API rate limit, which hasn't happened before today. So I will add some better error handling for when that happens.

thanks for the bug report!

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 16:30 Quote
yup its the Strava API rate limit. So i've added a message when the rate limit is reached. But I am going to create a queue system for the bulk imports, so it will import in the background when it can. For now just wait a few hours or until tomorrow after the announcement rush is over.

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 at 17:20 Quote
For the record, it worked for me less than an hour after my post.

Loving Trailforks so far!

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 14:44 Quote
Does the API rate limit apply to single activity imports? I'm trying to add a trail from this Strava activity: http://app.strava.com/activities/70266380

I copied the activity ID # into the import box and get an error stating 'Strava unable to fetch activity' or something similar. This also happened yesterday. Last week I had no issues importing trails this way.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 14:59 Quote
Yes the rate limit will apply to all the strava import features. And today is even busier than yesterday (x2). So best to wait until later at night when less people are importing ridelogs.

But what I need to do is implement a import queue system for the ridelogs. For now I will provide better feedback if the single activity trail import fails due to rate limit.

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 16:21 Quote
canadaka wrote:
Yes the rate limit will apply to all the strava import features. And today is even busier than yesterday (x2). So best to wait until later at night when less people are importing ridelogs.

But what I need to do is implement a import queue system for the ridelogs. For now I will provide better feedback if the single activity trail import fails due to rate limit.

This is an issue. I can't add new trails from Strava because of this Frown . Is the rate limit daily? When/how does it reset?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 16:34 Quote
The Strava API limt is: 600 requests every 15 minutes, 30000 daily
yesterday we didn't hit the daily limit, but throughout the day were hitting the 15min limits.
Today we've hit the 30,000 daily limit!

It should calm down after this initial rush of people bulk uploading large amounts of Strava data. Over 15,000 ridelogs have been added in the last 24 hours.

But I better get started on a queue system sooner than later.

photo

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 18:40 Quote
I see the Strava API notes say that you can contact them for rate limit increases. Do they charge for the increased limit?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 17, 2014 at 18:41 Quote
Yah we will be doing that next week.

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 14:08 Quote
Is the bulk upload queue the reason I'm not seeing any auto-import activity? I haven't seen anything show up in my ridelog since I did a bulk upload at the end of September. The auto-import page tells me it was set up successfully.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 14:25 Quote
evasive wrote:
Is the bulk upload queue the reason I'm not seeing any auto-import activity? I haven't seen anything show up in my ridelog since I did a bulk upload at the end of September. The auto-import page tells me it was set up successfully.

this sounds like a separate issue, the rate limit is only from the last 4 days. I see plenty of other auto-imports coming in, including my own. So let me investigate. The DB says your was last checked today (10 / 20 / 14), so its skipping your rides for some reason.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 15:25 Quote
Ok I think i found the problem, your rides should start auto importing now.

You can make sure none are missed by manually doing a bulk import http://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/stravaimport/

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.053573
Mobile Version of Website