Bulk Strava Upload

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Bulk Strava Upload
Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 9:15 Quote
Is there still an issue with bulk importing? I go to bulk import, click "next 200", but nothing happens? Shouldn't the rides be populating once I select next 200?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 15:55 Quote
try pressing it a couple times. I can only list 200 rides at a time with the Strava API and I filter out results.

Rides matching any of these criteria are not shown.
- already imported to Trailforks
- not a Strava "Ride" activity type
- marked as "Commute"
- marked as "Private" on Strava
- contains a bike/gear that you have chosen to filter out
- activity has previously been imported to Trailforks, then deleted by you

Posted: Jan 17, 2015 at 2:01 Quote
So, today I started using Trailforks, and I got so excited I think I messed up a bit with the Strava bulk uploader.

I just bought a new bike, so I added that to my bikes, and then did a bulk Strava upload. It matched my rides to the new bike, there was just a few out of the couple of hundred I have on Strava. Then I thought I'd match the rides from my old bike, so I added that to Trailforks, and then went to do the bulk upload, but no rides show up! Are the rides that went un-matched in the first session omitted for this second session then? Do I have to import the rides one by one now? That'll suck...

And, do the automatic Strava import only import new rides, or does it match older rides too?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 13:36 Quote
The bulk Strava upload, imports all of your Strava activities (that you checkbox). If you only selectively imported some Strava activities the ones you didn't import should still show on the bulk import page.

Its best to add ALL your bikes to Trailforks first, before doing any importing. If you want I can delete all your ridelogs and you can start again fresh.

Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 1:50 Quote
Thanks for the quick reply!

Now when I try to bulk upload, any which way, bikes checked or un-checked, it only says: "Error fetching activity from Strava...".

Will add all my bikes now, so I'd be thankful if you could just delete the old ride logs, and let's hope that fixes the above too.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jan 20, 2015 at 11:31 Quote
ok try re-importing your rides

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 14:35 Quote
Hmm, thanks, but it still doesn't seem to work, still says "Error fetching activity from Strava...".

What to do?

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 10:39 Quote
Mine doesn't seem to auto import new Strava activities. I found the link indicating Strava is "connected", but I don't see a screen option where I may or may not have clicked the option to automatically import new activities.

Also, I didn't know how frequently the auto-import feature goes out to retrieve new rides. I ask so that I know how much patience to have for a ride to sync up.

I've gone into Trailforks and just elected to Import Strava content and it did up until a certain date, but has yet to pull any new activities since Feb. 11.

Liking Trailfoks. Keep it up!

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 12:10 Quote
connecting your Stava doesn't mean you've setup automatic importing, you have to specifically enabled that feature.
You can do so here: http://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/stravaautoimport/

At the moment Trailforks checks Strava once an hour.

O+
Posted: Feb 18, 2015 at 13:14 Quote
canadaka wrote:
connecting your Stava doesn't mean you've setup automatic importing, you have to specifically enabled that feature.
You can do so here: http://www.trailforks.com/ridelog/stravaautoimport/

At the moment Trailforks checks Strava once an hour.

Perfect. Done.

Posted: Apr 19, 2015 at 7:48 Quote
OK, still no sign of my old Strava-rides. Auto-import works fine though.

No new suggestions? It's been showing error messages for 4 months now.

swoop-aeg wrote:
Hmm, thanks, but it still doesn't seem to work, still says "Error fetching activity from Strava...".

What to do?

Posted: May 23, 2015 at 3:59 Quote
OK, so my old rides are still gone after they were deleted. New rides are added automatically, no problem, but the old rides would be good to have too.

swoop-aeg wrote:
OK, still no sign of my old Strava-rides. Auto-import works fine though.

No new suggestions? It's been showing error messages for 4 months now.

swoop-aeg wrote:

What to do?

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 9:37 Quote
I set up bulk import of my old Strava rides. Seemed to work ok, everything was checked, no exclusions
However, they never showed up in Trailforks...
When I try to re-import it tells me the rides have already been imported

Suggestions?

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 13:37 Quote
Robmaranda wrote:
I set up bulk import of my old Strava rides. Seemed to work ok, everything was checked, no exclusions

Suggestions?

Our Strava API usage is slammed, it might take upto a week for your past rides to show up.

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 16:10 Quote
No problem, thanks for the hard work and the reply!

canadaka wrote:
Robmaranda wrote:

Suggestions?

Our Strava API usage is slammed, it might take upto a week for your past rides to show up.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022627
Mobile Version of Website