Post your Shiver, Dorado or Inverted Fork DH Bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
Post your Shiver, Dorado or Inverted Fork DH Bike
Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 5:06 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
traveleon wrote:
Hey guys got a new web page for those decal fans like myself who hate when their decals get all tethered and worn, check out http://www.slikgraphics.com/ they got lots of different decals to clean up your ride.

Yeah i've used Slik for Dorado and Saint decals, they're very good quality and long lasting.

This guy Laszlo is great aswell, he does frame/fork/shock decals etc.. (Got the Evil set from him)
https://www.pinkbike.com/u/nemethlaszlo/

Awesome man always like finding other people who can do up decals that's great, I'll drop him a line and see what ones he can so up for me.

I'm mostly trying to get my Shivers completed, things I need left are a set of decals for the Shivers, light springs but mostly I'm on the search for a set of leg guards, if I can locate a set I should be able to start making duplicates out of Kydex them and the Dorado's to help out other Shiver, Dorado owners who need new guards, can do the Dorado's now soon as I get more Kydex in, thinking on just duplicating my custom UFO ones I did up last year, but really want a set of originals to be working on.

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 5:58 Quote
Well guys it seem Avalanche Suspension technology has finally setup a package for us Shiver DC and Shiver SC fork owners, full custom cartridge kits now available, so can't wait till I get the cash together to get my Shiver DC's race modded out.

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/Marz/Marzocchi%20Shiver.htm

But here's the link check it out, probably in the near future the Manitou Dorado kit will be available, but if you speak to Craig at Avalanche they can probably figure something out for you guys too, they're 10" travel inverted fork has really perked my interest thing is sick pure race fork.

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/mtn10.html
Avalanche's new 10" inverted fork.

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 13:33 Quote
My Marzocchi Shiver guard decals I've been playing around with

photo

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 13:41 Quote
traveleon wrote:
Well guys it seem Avalanche Suspension technology has finally setup a package for us Shiver DC and Shiver SC fork owners, full custom cartridge kits now available, so can't wait till I get the cash together to get my Shiver DC's race modded out.

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/Marz/Marzocchi%20Shiver.htm

But here's the link check it out, probably in the near future the Manitou Dorado kit will be available, but if you speak to Craig at Avalanche they can probably figure something out for you guys too, they're 10" travel inverted fork has really perked my interest thing is sick pure race fork.

http://www.avalanchedownhillracing.com/mtn10.html
Avalanche's new 10" inverted fork.

This is good news.. I was in the middle of a R2CX conversion on my DC but Avy have just made my life a lot easier

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 15:00 Quote
Ain t she perdy.

Jailbreak Out with the old'n'busted. And in with the New Hotness. tup Geek

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 15:04 Quote
Holy damn that's sick, such a dope frame and the build is cool too

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 15:28 Quote
norcodudeman wrote:
Holy damn that's sick, such a dope frame and the build is cool too

Thanks. tup Smile Took a bit to get the parts together. But It was well worth it.

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 19:42 Quote
tots worth it in the end

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 9:31 Quote
My DH-V3 with 05 shivers and custom decals
dh-v3 with new fork decals

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 12:12 Quote
Shiny! Camera
bishj80 wrote:

Posted: Jan 4, 2015 at 13:02 Quote
BrightBulbPhoto wrote:
Shiny! Camera
bishj80 wrote:

She'd just have a bath mate after a muddy day out at farmer johns mtb, and I come off her for the 1st time aswell haha got covered in crap myself Frown

Posted: Jan 6, 2015 at 12:45 Quote
Hi has any one here had a problem with their shivers bottoming out on jumps and drops ? Because mine keep doing it ? Don't know if I have the levels right or not, any help would be great, and are they ment to make an annoying whooshing noise when compressing over things like mine ?

Posted: Jan 6, 2015 at 17:03 Quote
bishj80 wrote:
Hi has any one here had a problem with their shivers bottoming out on jumps and drops ? Because mine keep doing it ? Don't know if I have the levels right or not, any help would be great, and are they ment to make an annoying whooshing noise when compressing over things like mine ?

yeah had the same issue it has to either do with poor settings but usually it has to do with the oil levels or weight, but usually the amount, since no one ever put the right amount suggested by Marzocchi. It's done by level not amount last time I did 80mm and it gave me the best performance, my next mod is a set of Avalanche HSB cartridges, make them into basically a pimped out 888 Shiver DC fork.

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 3:06 Quote
Cheers , so fill them 80mm from the top of the stanchions and it should sort it out ? What about the small holes in the stanchions because they seem to be around 100/110mm from the top of the stanchions would the oil not just leak out when trying to fill past them ?

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 3:34 Quote
bishj80 wrote:
Cheers , so fill them 80mm from the top of the stanchions and it should sort it out ? What about the small holes in the stanchions because they seem to be around 100/110mm from the top of the stanchions would the oil not just leak out when trying to fill past them ?

before I put my upper tube on I just put my thumb on while filling and just be quick when you slide over the upper just make sure to grease your seals and lube your stanchions when your assembling them or could give you some grief, but other than that easy to do just take your time make sure everything is clean, mine is a bit stiff with stock oil height for my weight but I plan to slowly lower the amount with trial and error to get them exact where I want them or I might try same height but more common weight oil probably 5wt over the 7.5wt I feel more safer with the oil all the way up but lighter weight, if it still sags and drops on you it will be only 2 things them seals or one of cartridge are having issues, but more than likely it's just the oil height, Shivers are bomb proof very hard to break or wreck, another recommend is to get fork boots it will save the stanchions and seals from the beating off the trail and with the guards they tend to rub on the seals as well but get yourself a set and you'll never worry again, boot goes bad replace it, just slide it down from time to time to clean the lowers.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018970
Mobile Version of Website