The official COMMENCAL thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The official COMMENCAL thread
O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2014 at 11:41 Quote
TFTuned do them, the stanchion is made by Push Technologies

Posted: Jul 9, 2014 at 23:18 Quote
Okay I have been lurking about on this thread for way too long and thought it is time I actually contribute something. This thread has been instrumental in getting this build complete so thanks to all for posting info here.

So here is my Commie

photo

Let me know what you thinktup

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 0:23 Quote
I think you need to check your steerer tube for wear from your cables.

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 3:56 Quote
sq225917 wrote:

I actually pulled my cable out the other day coz they were noisy and they had worn, shoved em back in with some grease, havnt looked at the steerer tube yet, yes..I know I should, will be taking bike apart tommoz to pack it in bag to take to Morzine, so Ill have a look and post some pix if it does look worn although Im guess the cables would wear out first ?

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 12:35 Quote
a nice little trailbike with a 130mm Rev + low BB and 650B Wheels = tons of fun.
Just build it up a few days ago, couldn't believe how cheap the frame was..
photo
Don't worry the stickers have all gone from the wheels by now.
The rack mount out back is a joke though, don't know why??Facepalm

Posted: Jul 10, 2014 at 13:21 Quote
andydd wrote:
sq225917 wrote:

I actually pulled my cable out the other day coz they were noisy and they had worn, shoved em back in with some grease, havnt looked at the steerer tube yet, yes..I know I should, will be taking bike apart tommoz to pack it in bag to take to Morzine, so Ill have a look and post some pix if it does look worn although Im guess the cables would wear out first ?

You would think the cable would wear first- but hell no. "They'll go through a fork steerer like a hot knife through buttah."

I reckon a couple of hundred hours of good twisty riding would be enough to put you at serious risk of a face full of frame.

The scoring shown here is from 10 hours of riding a brand new fox 180.

How to protect your expensive fork steerer from the internal routed cables in the Commencal Meta headtube.

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 2:50 Quote
sq225917 wrote:
andydd wrote:
sq225917 wrote:

You would think the cable would wear first- but hell no. "They'll go through a fork steerer like a hot knife through buttah."

I reckon a couple of hundred hours of good twisty riding would be enough to put you at serious risk of a face full of frame.

The scoring shown here is from 10 hours of riding a brand new fox 180.

How to protect your expensive fork steerer from the internal routed cables in the Commencal Meta headtube.

*Gulp !*

Posted: Jul 11, 2014 at 18:06 Quote
Hey guys I am having trouble taking the very complex linkage apart so I can give me a little grease it's just the last bolts I can't seem to get out. I took two bolts out but where the swing arm and the linkage meet there is still a rode in it. It has no where to put an Allen key into and when pushing it, it moves a little to either side but not fully out. The bike is a 2010 commencal supreme 8. Thanks if you can help

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 at 12:00 Quote
photo

Can anyone in here tell me if this is a 2010 Supreme DH or just a 2010 Supreme? Are these two models the same thing?

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 at 20:19 Quote
Downhiller9696 wrote:
Hey guys I am having trouble taking the very complex linkage apart so I can give me a little grease it's just the last bolts I can't seem to get out. I took two bolts out but where the swing arm and the linkage meet there is still a rode in it. It has no where to put an Allen key into and when pushing it, it moves a little to either side but not fully out. The bike is a 2010 commencal supreme 8. Thanks if you can help

So on that main pivot that you took the two large alloy bolts from, thread one back in part way, at least 3 threads. Then using a rubber/plastic mallet or woodblock, tap it until it sits flush with the bearing. The inner axle should be pushed out far enough to dislodge. If it does not come out, find a piece of copper or plastic pipe that sits neatly in the bearing and use the same method to tap out that axle.

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 at 20:20 Quote
anchoricex wrote:
photo

Can anyone in here tell me if this is a 2010 Supreme DH or just a 2010 Supreme? Are these two models the same thing?

That is a 2010 Supreme, or "supreme six". It is a 6"+ Freeride bike. There is a derailleur mount right above the BB, mounted to the rear triangle. Check out my "bikes" album for more photos of both this model and the actual DH model for more reference.

Posted: Jul 12, 2014 at 21:01 Quote
Exactly the answer I've been looking for, cheers man!!

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 14:54 Quote
Out today on some natural trails that i haven't ridden in YEARS! It was so worth the drive, the SX loved being taken by the scruff of the neck some pretty tough trails!

photo

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 15:10 Quote
[Quote="miniator"]Out today on some natural trails that i haven't ridden in YEARS! It was so worth the drive, the SX loved being taken by the scruff of the neck some pretty tough trails!

photo
[/Quote
That looks like that trail near Corkscrew in Tully!

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 15:24 Quote
Has anyone ever had an axle that was to small?? I got a replacement axle from commencal for my V1 Supreme and it pulls the frame so tight against the hub that it cant freewheel properly. The wheel can spin but the cassette cant back pedal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.021719
Mobile Version of Website