The official COMMENCAL thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The official COMMENCAL thread
Posted: Jul 27, 2014 at 15:24 Quote
AdamChed wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:
You should have expected that, they do not have much of a north american market. I got mine through CRC, so I trust they will help solve any problems I should encounter.

super stoked on my build. It came in at 31 lbs.

I got mine through CRC too, don't expect them to get anything from Commencal that is not on their website.

Whenever I contact commencal directly, their customer service is on point. I speak with a guy name Jerome D, and he usually helps me out pretty fast. Its actually easier than contacting CRC.. I bought this bike knowing what I was getting into IF I need warranty help, and I will go a little extra length to get what it needs. IMO Its very worth it. But its all a matter of perspective. I have 2 other bikes if one is out of the game for 3 weeks.

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 13:32 Quote
AdamChed wrote:
Commencal rebuild been waiting 5 weeks for a rear axle from Commencal. Borrowed one for the weekend. Don t buy a commy.
  Commencal rebuild, been waiting 5 weeks for a rear axle from Commencal. Borrowed one for the weekend. Don't buy a commy.

I love my DH V3 but Commencal's service is complete garbage, my lbs wrecked my rear axle and when I ordered a new hanger assembly it took 3 weeks to arrive, didn't come with the actual axle. Contacted Commencal and they said they would send one for free.. well, it's been another 3 weeks, nothing arrived. I and definitely selling my frame and getting a Demo just so i can gets parts in general.

wana sell it to me?? lol

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 17:51 Quote
trumbullhucker55 wrote:

wana sell it to me?? lol
If I ever receive the axle sure!

Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 17:54 Quote
BeaverCreaker wrote:
AdamChed wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:
You should have expected that, they do not have much of a north american market. I got mine through CRC, so I trust they will help solve any problems I should encounter.

super stoked on my build. It came in at 31 lbs.

I got mine through CRC too, don't expect them to get anything from Commencal that is not on their website.

Whenever I contact commencal directly, their customer service is on point. I speak with a guy name Jerome D, and he usually helps me out pretty fast. Its actually easier than contacting CRC.. I bought this bike knowing what I was getting into IF I need warranty help, and I will go a little extra length to get what it needs. IMO Its very worth it. But its all a matter of perspective. I have 2 other bikes if one is out of the game for 3 weeks.

I'm simply voicing my personal experience with Commencal, my contact was Jerome.. He said he sent me an axle and 4 weeks later I haven't received squat. When I email or call them I get no answer back or hung up on once they realize the order #.

O+
Posted: Jul 28, 2014 at 23:50 Quote
Get on Twitter or their Facebook page, lots of companies hate public complaints and miraculously problems get sorted by voicing issues in those media.

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 1:31 Quote
NorCalWannabe wrote:
MichaelMunro wrote:
NorCalWannabe wrote:

What hub do you have and what happened to the last axle?
It's a dt Swiss hub and the last axle the bolt snapped while I was tightening it. (threaded part if the bolt is still in the axle) it worked perfectly before with the old axle, and nothing else on the bike has changed.

Pull off the cassette driver and check that there is a spacer in the center of the ratchets...

The spacer between the freehub body and the hub was damaged causing it to stick and I had destroyed some of the bearings in the hubs axle causing the whole wheel to stick. Took 2 weeks to figure it out but it's done now. Smile thanks for the help man, was completely lost!!

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 9:21 Quote
AdamChed wrote:
BeaverCreaker wrote:
AdamChed wrote:

I'm simply voicing my personal experience with Commencal, my contact was Jerome.. He said he sent me an axle and 4 weeks later I haven't received squat. When I email or call them I get no answer back or hung up on once they realize the order #.

I have just spend the last 7 or so weeks trying to get a new rear axle for my bike, took 3 emails and 2 weeks to get my first reply from a "guaranteed 24hour reply". Jerome told me they can send me one once I told him my address and how I will pay ect, however after that no reply. Weeks later another guy called Matthieu said they would be in stock and on their site next week, 3 weeks later, no sign and still no more replys from them?
So I ended up giving the very broken axle to a friend who works in an engineering company and getting him to make me 2. Now It works perfectly!
Brilliant bikes, useless customer service. In my opinion

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 9:25 Quote
AdamChed wrote:
trumbullhucker55 wrote:

wana sell it to me?? lol
If I ever receive the axle sure!

hopefully its a large?

and p.s were you at highland last weekend? saw the same build

Posted: Jul 29, 2014 at 14:51 Quote
Yeah I've emailed them a couple of times with questions about gettings bits and never once got a reply!

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2014 at 10:02 Quote
Supreme DH all finished

Old girl retired from active service this weekend going to spend the rest of her days as shed wall art after donating so parts to a younger modelBig Grin

Posted: Aug 2, 2014 at 10:16 Quote
Finished the upgrades on the Commencal
Retiring this beauty as well. All the parts are going on a new frame and the frame will be going to a new owner once I find one

Posted: Aug 2, 2014 at 20:49 Quote
Ajax-Rider wrote:
Retiring this beauty as well. All the parts are going on a new frame and the frame will be going to a new owner once I find one

If its a large, pm me

Posted: Aug 2, 2014 at 21:00 Quote
trumbullhucker55 wrote:
Ajax-Rider wrote:

If its a large, pm me

Small, sorry bro

Posted: Aug 3, 2014 at 13:45 Quote
So my commie freeride has had three weeks of hard riding in Morzine and was great, few minor issues, slight bit of paint rubbed off frame where pivot is from rubbing on thighs and hydraulic cable sprung a leak where it enters frame by headset despite having grommet there but otherwise really pleased with it.

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2014 at 15:25 Quote
andydd wrote:
So my commie freeride has had three weeks of hard riding in Morzine and was great, few minor issues, slight bit of paint rubbed off frame where pivot is from rubbing on thighs and hydraulic cable sprung a leak where it enters frame by headset despite having grommet there but otherwise really pleased with it.

Glad to hear it. Get to test out my SX in Morzine next week.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019943
Mobile Version of Website