The official COMMENCAL thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The official COMMENCAL thread
Posted: Dec 9, 2014 at 10:22 Quote
cabester98 wrote:
Scotj009 wrote:
Commencal Absolut SX
sweet! Is that repainted? How does that ccdb work for a rear shock?
Yeah, resprayed in Rover Nightfire Red, it's a Fox DHX 5 Air, and it's not bad, gives more adjustability than standard

Posted: Dec 15, 2014 at 2:46 Quote
Hi all
Finally I've finished building my bike to be ready for a next year
can wait for a summer again to ride it
So far done few runs and is fantastic.
photo
photo

Posted: Dec 15, 2014 at 5:07 Quote
none231 wrote:
Hi all
photo
photo

Nice looking build!

What's the full spec?

Posted: Dec 15, 2014 at 6:21 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
none231 wrote:
Hi all
photo
photo

Nice looking build!

What's the full spec?
Thanks
Im so happy with bike

Spec
Frame Large
Reverb seatpost
Sram x7 shifters
Sram x7 front mech
Sram x9 rear mech
Deore crankset (will be replaced with SLX next year)
160mm Fox 34 float CTD factory series kashima
Mavic front and rear rims on SLX hubs
Truvativ stem
Answer handlebar
Fox Float CTD rear shock
Formula RX brakes with SLX 180mm rotors

O+
Posted: Dec 15, 2014 at 8:23 Quote
Nice! I've just finished mine too, although I need to match the discs.

Frame Meta SX Fork Fox Kashima Float 34 160 Rear shock Fox Kashima Float 160 . Wheels e Thirteen TRS Chainset Saint Chainring Renthal Chain Guide e Thirteen TRS Pedals Saint Cassette XT 10spd Rear Mech Saint Shifter Saint Brakes Saint Stem Renthal Duo Bars Enve DH Seatpost Rock Shox Reverb Saddle Charge Tyres Maxxis Minion DHF s 2.5F 2.3R Headset Hope

Meta SX Enve DH bars Renthal stem

Meta SX

Frame:Meta SX
Fork: Fox Kashima Float 34 (160)
Rear shock: Fox Kashima Float (160)
Wheels: e*Thirteen TRS+
Chainset: Saint
Chainring: Renthal
Chain Guide: e*Thirteen TRS
Pedals: Saint
Cassette: XT 10spd
Rear Mech: Saint
Shifter: Saint
Brakes: Saint
Stem: Renthal Duo
Bars: Enve DH
Seatpost: Rock Shox Reverb
Saddle: Charge
Tyres: Maxxis Minion DHF's 2.5F/2.3R
Headset: Hope

(chain snapped on way back to car, new XT cassette & chain ordered).

Posted: Dec 15, 2014 at 11:32 Quote
deanphoto wrote:

Frame Meta SX Fork Fox Kashima Float 34 160 Rear shock Fox Kashima Float 160 . Wheels e Thirteen TRS Chainset Saint Chainring Renthal Chain Guide e Thirteen TRS Pedals Saint Cassette XT 10spd Rear Mech Saint Shifter Saint Brakes Saint Stem Renthal Duo Bars Enve DH Seatpost Rock Shox Reverb Saddle Charge Tyres Maxxis Minion DHF s 2.5F 2.3R Headset Hope

Meta SX Enve DH bars Renthal stem

Meta SX

Sweet bike man!!! Great colour
Only if I had more £ I will invest in higher end parts but cant
Im happy what I got.

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 1:50 Quote
deanphoto wrote:

Did you get advice on what stock tune of shock to get?

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 15:17 Quote
Would I be a dick to run a dual crown on a Supreme FR V3? I like the more playful version of the bike, but still want the comfort safety-net of a dual crown. I do a lot of riding at Whistler (A-line, crank it up) and Stevens pass, WA.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 15:43 Quote
anchoricex wrote:
Would I be a dick to run a dual crown on a Supreme FR V3? I like the more playful version of the bike, but still want the comfort safety-net of a dual crown. I do a lot of riding at Whistler (A-line, crank it up) and Stevens pass, WA.
definitely not a dick move, loads of people run dual crowns on the fr and the new 2015 fr runs dual crowns

O+
Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 16:50 Quote
anchoricex wrote:

Not at all I had my fr set up with a 40 for the season and it was a beaut!

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 20:35 Quote
Hell yeah thanks for the input fellas. For someone whos not into racing but might do the occasional techy trail with friends and maybe a couple peak-to-creeks at whistler, would the FR be a more viable option then the full 8inch DH ? I'm just not sure how much more playful the FR is, and if I can still take the FR everywhere and it's considerably more playful... then done deal *throws money at commencal*

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 4:25 Quote
anchoricex wrote:
Hell yeah thanks for the input fellas. For someone whos not into racing but might do the occasional techy trail with friends and maybe a couple peak-to-creeks at whistler, would the FR be a more viable option then the full 8inch DH ? I'm just not sure how much more playful the FR is, and if I can still take the FR everywhere and it's considerably more playful... then done deal *throws money at commencal*

After previously owning the DH model v1 and v2 I decided to get the FR model last year.

Most of my riding is NOT full on DH and lets face it I'm never going to be doing rampage style 72 foot backflips so did reach the conclusion that a full on DH dual crown bike is a bit OTT when a lot of my riding is often local XC/AM stuff.

The 180mm travel the FH provides is more than enough for my local(ish) riding in the South East of UK, i.e Hadleigh Olympic track, Danbury, Chicksands, Aston Hil, Bike Park Wales and Im lucky enough to spend most summers in Morzine too.

There is very little difference between the DH and the FR, just a bit of travel and a degree slacker, I'm now contemplating getting an adjustable headset (like these > http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/20-degree-ec44---zs56---tapered-headtube-79-p.asp) to tighten up the angle for general local riding and slacken it for trips to the Alps, etc

I'd also recommend that perhaps you look at the SX model if you want to go even less extreme.

The FR is indeed a playful bike but prob could do with being a bit lighter, I'm current making a few changes/adding some carbon bits to get the weight down.

Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 0:13 Quote
The SX with 180 single crowns is a great compromise.

Posted: Dec 21, 2014 at 13:16 Quote
andydd wrote:
anchoricex wrote:

After previously owning the DH model v1 and v2 I decided to get the FR model last year.

Most of my riding is NOT full on DH and lets face it I'm never going to be doing rampage style 72 foot backflips so did reach the conclusion that a full on DH dual crown bike is a bit OTT when a lot of my riding is often local XC/AM stuff.

The 180mm travel the FH provides is more than enough for my local(ish) riding in the South East of UK, i.e Hadleigh Olympic track, Danbury, Chicksands, Aston Hil, Bike Park Wales and Im lucky enough to spend most summers in Morzine too.

There is very little difference between the DH and the FR, just a bit of travel and a degree slacker, I'm now contemplating getting an adjustable headset (like these > http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/20-degree-ec44---zs56---tapered-headtube-79-p.asp) to tighten up the angle for general local riding and slacken it for trips to the Alps, etc

I'd also recommend that perhaps you look at the SX model if you want to go even less extreme.

The FR is indeed a playful bike but prob could do with being a bit lighter, I'm current making a few changes/adding some carbon bits to get the weight down.

Awesome post, thank you mate!

New question: Is the Supreme DH Park commencals replacement for the FR?

Noticed it has more travel (200mm) then the Supreme DH Comp (190mm) which is the actual race bike. Albeit the shorter stays and progressive tunes play into the Park's favor, that still seems weird considering the FR was 180mm. Still looking into the 180mm FR, I had a tr250 before which was also a 7in/180mm bike and it was fun to throw around.

Posted: Dec 22, 2014 at 4:00 Quote
Not seen the new Park model before..but looking at it know, at a quick glance the specs look about the same as the old pre-2014 model Supreme DH , the new 2015 Dh model is only available in 650b size by the looks of it.

Also noticed the frames and full bikes are quite a bit cheaper for 2015, perhaps coz there is a lot of competition out there from YT, etc.

2015 DH 'Park' Model > http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=14495443

2015 DH Model > http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/PBSCProduct.asp?ItmID=14581694

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.064508
Mobile Version of Website