The official COMMENCAL thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The official COMMENCAL thread
Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 15:04 Quote
GaryOrange5 wrote:
Is it deffo the bearing? It could possibly be shock bushes rather than bearings if it's vertical play. Have a look at that.

Most likely this...vertical play was always the shock bushes..on every bike i've had

Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 11:35 Quote
Hi guys, time for a mini rant about commercial i owned a 07/08 supreme mini dh and had issues. With the drop out mounts spreading on the rear triangle so i ordered what the guy from commercial told me was the correct rear triangle for my bike, wait 2 weeks for it to arrive to my disappointment it wasn't the correct one. So i contacted them to be told they no longer manufacture the one for my bike (can't understand why not) so i returned the rear triangle that was 4 weeks ago and i still haven't received my refund. I think that is disgusting customer service seeming it was there mistake in the first place. Has anyone else had issues thanks Matt

Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 11:44 Quote
While it sucks they had a mix up and haven't refunded you yet I think it's pretty reasonable for them not to produce spares for a bike they made 7-8 years ago. If you want to kick them up the arse to get your refund I'd phone them up if you haven't. Emails don't get stuff done as quickly.

Question of my own, if I order a frame and shock as part of the a la carte thing that they do will I need to buy my own shock bushings, or will they be provided?
I've ordered a frame without a shock from them before and no bushings were provided which is why I'm wondering. I emailed them a couple of days ago about it but I think I must be having issues with outlook. They've always been very quick to reply to me in the past.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2015 at 13:08 Quote
2015 Meta SX

My 2015 Meta SX with some new Fox decals.

Posted: Aug 21, 2015 at 5:09 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
While it sucks they had a mix up and haven't refunded you yet I think it's pretty reasonable for them not to produce spares for a bike they made 7-8 years ago. If you want to kick them up the arse to get your refund I'd phone them up if you haven't. Emails don't get stuff done as quickly.

Question of my own, if I order a frame and shock as part of the a la carte thing that they do will I need to buy my own shock bushings, or will they be provided?
I've ordered a frame without a shock from them before and no bushings were provided which is why I'm wondering. I emailed them a couple of days ago about it but I think I must be having issues with outlook. They've always been very quick to reply to me in the past.
If you order frame with shock, they should come all fitted so bushing included, if just the frame no bushings

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 13:16 Quote
So, I'm looking at the 2015 Meta AM V4, someone talk me into/out of it?

Who's got one? How does it handle bike park riding?

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 13:20 Quote
CameronRose wrote:

Do it.

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 13:48 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
CameronRose wrote:

Do it.
I want to badly, I'm not sure how to go about it though with regards to my Kona, I could afford one outright by mid November but if I sold the Kona I could buy one immediately. I don't know if I want to sell it though.

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 14:06 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:
CameronRose wrote:

Do it.
I want to badly, I'm not sure how to go about it though with regards to my Kona, I could afford one outright by mid November but if I sold the Kona I could buy one immediately. I don't know if I want to sell it though.
A decent enduro bike would suit you well. If you want to replace like for like why not get one of the supreme FR frames that are going super cheap right now and swap all your bits over?

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 14:12 Quote
CameronRose wrote:

Id say do it, i got mine a few months back and its rad.
Super stiff back end, really wide, which can cause issues with heal rub.
It will plough through everything, ive battered it round Torridon and at least 3 times a week at inners and its still running nice, although i think a bearing maybe on its way in the linkage somewhere.
If you go offline its hard to rescue, but point and shoot and you'll come out laughing.

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 14:44 Quote
That's the thing Jamie, I don't want to go like for like, I want to be able to do everything that I already do but on something a hell of a lot lighter. The Meta is a ridiculous 10lbs lighter than the Entourage and it would give me an easy enough leg up into the worlds of 10 speed, 650b, 142x12 and of course a much newer bike thus hopefully preserving some resale value. It's just I'm attached to the Entourage, I love everything about the way it rides, I just wish it was lighter.

Flymcg- that does sound really promising, how does it feel in the air?

Posted: Aug 24, 2015 at 19:37 Quote
Sounds like what you really want/need is the 650b Meta SX it will blow your Entourage away at everything!

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 0:17 Quote
I'll have a look at them, thanks man.

Edit: Not really sure whether they turn my crank or not, the 650b model is well out of my price range but the 26 models are definitely more affordable, my friend has a 26er v3, maybe I'll give his a shot and see how it feels, can't be too far off.

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 0:40 Quote
You're only look at 10mm travel difference from the SX to AM. SX geo is probably slightly different (not sure as I've not looked into it).

If you wanna try out 650B, the V4 AM is a great way to go, price is crazy cheap, worth it for fork and frame alone. I'm super happy with mine, it's a absolute blast to ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015222
Mobile Version of Website