The official COMMENCAL thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The official COMMENCAL thread
Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 1:23 Quote
Damn it guys, I really want one now!

Gary, yours looks prime with the Hope stuff! How are you liking the cranks?

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 2:34 Quote
Just do it Cameron, you won't regret it.

Also cheers, lob the Hope kit. The cranks a good. A little tricky to fit first time and there are lighter cranks on the market, but they're just a work of art. Look totally bomb proof as well. The etching so hopefully stop rubbing being an issue.

Took mine out Sunday for a sloppy ride in the great British summer weather. Was so fun. Was surprised how well the Squales handled the chalky clay mud.
photo

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 2:42 Quote
Looks awesome! Also looks like we're getting better weather than you! It's been windy up here though, we planned to film at Fort William the other day but the gondola was closed because of the wind. No choice but to walk to the top, my legs are still punishing me!

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 2:44 Quote
Cam, an SX v3 would be perfect for you! Or stick some offset bushes on an AM

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 3:06 Quote
My thoughts on the SX after checking them out earlier are that the 650b is too pricey for me, when it comes to the 26 options I could go in for one that was between the Origin and the Essential in terms of spec. I don't want to buy one with a dropper because I'll be keeping the LEV from the Entourage but at the same time I'm sceptical of the X-Fusion fork on the Origin.

Of course the V4 isn't an angel in that department either, I keep hearing good things about the 350 but no one seems to be certain what situation Marzocchi will be in to answer warranty claims. I'm aware that for the moment the mtb division of the company is still running but wonder for how much longer.

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 3:20 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
My thoughts on the SX after checking them out earlier are that the 650b is too pricey for me, when it comes to the 26 options I could go in for one that was between the Origin and the Essential in terms of spec. I don't want to buy one with a dropper because I'll be keeping the LEV from the Entourage but at the same time I'm sceptical of the X-Fusion fork on the Origin.

Of course the V4 isn't an angel in that department either, I keep hearing good things about the 350 but no one seems to be certain what situation Marzocchi will be in to answer warranty claims. I'm aware that for the moment the mtb division of the company is still running but wonder for how much longer.
I'm sure if you had an issue with the 350 within the warranty period, Commencal would sort you out if things went tits up with Marzocchi if it came as a complete build.

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 3:53 Quote
The V4 is an out and out enduro bike and will pretty much do everything that you can throw at it, I wouldn't like to use it for full on days at Fort William thought, it will do it but it will be more fun on a downhill bike

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 4:16 Quote
I'll maybe fire an email their way and see if they have any arrangements in place if such a thing does happen. Although, I must admit the only reason I'm worried about the fork warranty is because someone told me that his friends V4 has had problems with the 350 from the start and he's on his 2nd warranty replacement fork. I was just putting that down to bad luck/poor batch/maybe a little abuse because everything I've heard about the 350 so far has been good.

I'll be honest Medacus, although I'm literally just up the road from Fort William it's always been a bit technical for me, I love berms and flowy singletrack, this sounds like the perfect bike for slaying that kind of stuff. That said, the new flow line to the left of the motorway (far left past the chicken run) looks very interesting, if they were to build more stuff like that I would definitely spend more time there.

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 8:51 Quote
I've not been on that line yet, is it part of the Red? The V4 would be a great bike on the Red. I'm more the other side of the country by Glentress, my V4 loves all the enduro trails and the normal trails, it also likes XC rides, I never feel knackered on the bike but by god does it fly when pointing down.

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 9:01 Quote
So my v3 Fr rear axle thread is knackered.

I see them on Commie site (Im assuming DH one is same) but has anyone used any other maxle type one ?

http://www.commencal-store.co.uk/wheel-axle-for-sup-dh-v3-c2x12502125

HHmm..but annoyingly this Techbook shows diff part number for fr axle - http://www.commencal.net/web_bicycles/techbook/commencal_techbook_2013.pdf

I wonder why DH one is 191mm and Fr one is 180mm, both are 12 x 150 wheels.

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 9:20 Quote
Dh has adjustable dropouts

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 11:53 Quote
I've got a V3 am 2013 that I love, but I think I'm about to order a V4 Purple edition Smile

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 12:47 Quote
photo
picked this gem up. Still think it's the sexiest frame around

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 14:22 Quote
Lundee wrote:
photo
picked this gem up. Still think it's the sexiest frame around
Nice one mate

Could you please let me know how yours Rockshox perform
Mine had loud bang when fully extended on half fast rebound

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 15:19 Quote
Anyone know how long offset bushings.com take to deliver. It's all I need to get my meta on the trails. Ordered a week ago now

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017403
Mobile Version of Website