The official COMMENCAL thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The official COMMENCAL thread
Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 15:58 Quote
dh1stan wrote:
Anyone know how long offset bushings.com take to deliver. It's all I need to get my meta on the trails. Ordered a week ago now
Took me less then a week to get them to holland. Might take a couple of days longer to get them to italy.

Commencal still not deliviring the bushings with frame only?

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 16:02 Quote
ColinD wrote:
dh1stan wrote:
Anyone know how long offset bushings.com take to deliver. It's all I need to get my meta on the trails. Ordered a week ago now
Took me less then a week to get them to holland. Might take a couple of days longer to get them to italy.

Surely it would be unreasonable to expect them to supply bushings given that eyelet hole sizes vary from shock to shock? Someone correct me if I'm wrong of course.

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 16:15 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
ColinD wrote:
dh1stan wrote:

Surely it would be unreasonable to expect them to supply bushings given that eyelet hole sizes vary from shock to shock? Someone correct me if I'm wrong of course.

If commencal choses to run a non standard bushung size they should atleast sell them or be able to deliver them. Everyone that buys frame only has to get them custom made.

Posted: Aug 25, 2015 at 19:24 Quote
none231 wrote:
Lundee wrote:
photo
picked this gem up. Still think it's the sexiest frame around
Nice one mate

Could you please let me know how yours Rockshox perform
Mine had loud bang when fully extended on half fast rebound
Sure thing bud, waiting on a few things to show up. Should have a report by Sunday.

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 0:57 Quote
dragan-the-dragon wrote:
Dh has adjustable dropouts

Indeed but the width is still 150mm and the hanger is identical (well slight diff curves to FH but that makes no difference).

Ive got a DH hanger here and indeed its slightly longer then the FR one so thats why the axle is longer but from what I can see the DH rear axle will fit the FR model, just stick out slightly more.

Here is FR hanger

http://www.probikeshop.com/en/gb/commencal-supreme-fr-12mm-13530001-deraileur-hanger/85080.html

and here is DH hanger

http://www.probikeshop.com/en/gb/commencal-derailleur-hanger-supreme-dh-v3-12530003/85074.html

The Fr one has slightly diff flange on it, I believe the DH will fit but not as snug but should be ok when tightened up, I just hapened to see a DH one on ebay for a few quid so bought it as an emergency spare for my FR.

BUT it does look like Ill end up buying the commencal DH axle as cant really see any reasonably priced alternative QR/Maxle type ones.

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 13:07 Quote
ColinD wrote:
dh1stan wrote:

We usually have around a 2-3 day machining period. Every set is made to order.

Postage is then around 3 days to Italy. I can look into it if they haven't arrived. Just PM me your order number or send us an email through the site (probably faster!).

Hope that helps,

Jeron

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 13:26 Quote
Meta's drive side pivot bolt for the chainstay keeps coming loose, I hear it's a common problem. What should I do? I have no loctite.

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 13:57 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
Meta's drive side pivot bolt for the chainstay keeps coming loose, I hear it's a common problem. What should I do? I have no loctite.
My was coming loose when new after few rides and few tightens all good
Just keep an eye and tighten bolt after each ride. Alternatively buy loctite its good to have one at home.

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 14:00 Quote
none231 wrote:
jamieridesbikes wrote:
My was coming loose when new after few rides and few tightens all good
Just keep an eye and tighten bolt after each ride. Alternatively buy loctite its good to have one at home.
It's a bit of a headache for me to get to, with the 36t ring I was running I'd have to remove the cranks and the chainguide in order to get to it. Less bother with my 32t, though it's still fiddly. I guess I hould probably get some locktite if it doesn't settle...

Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 14:53 Quote
jezzah wrote:
ColinD wrote:
dh1stan wrote:

We usually have around a 2-3 day machining period. Every set is made to order.

Postage is then around 3 days to Italy. I can look into it if they haven't arrived. Just PM me your order number or send us an email through the site (probably faster!).

Hope that helps,

Jeron

Thanks Jeron. Just got everything cleared up by you just now on Facebook. And the bushings are nearly here :-D can't friggin wait now B-)

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2015 at 14:59 Quote
My 2013 Meta SX is up for sale if anyone is on the hunt for one?

2013 Meta SX (Large)

2013 Commencal Meta SX - Full Saint e 13

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 15:35 Quote
hello bikers! im planning on investing in a 2015 commencal meta sx 650b frame, and id like to build it as a tough decender, fast bike. im looking forward to race it as well next season hopefully. im 178 cm tall and because of that i cant decide between size M or L frame. website says from 168-178 i should get myself a M and from 178-188 a L. my idea is to put a 35 mm stem on the large sized one, but cant really decide. can anyone provide some tips in getting the right size?

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 22:43 Quote
photo
Coming along nicely. She would be done but, parts from Bike Bling take forever to ship.

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 15:00 Quote
Hello everyone, I've been reading the specs of the Meta AM V4 and I can't finally get it if it's able or unable to mount a front mech...
Your answers are welcome
Thanks.

Posted: Sep 17, 2015 at 15:06 Quote
elkinfa19 wrote:
Hello everyone, I've been reading the specs of the Meta AM V4 and I can't finally get it if it's able or unable to mount a front mech...
Your answers are welcome
Thanks.
Pretty much sure it isn't. No where to mount one.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033203
Mobile Version of Website