The official COMMENCAL thread

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
The official COMMENCAL thread
Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 14:45 Quote
miniator wrote:
anyone interested in a 2014 SX per chance? new bike time!

Is it an XL by any chance?

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 23:09 Quote
Matty1996bell wrote:
miniator wrote:
anyone interested in a 2014 SX per chance? new bike time!

Is it an XL by any chance?

tis a large, im 6ft and its a perfect size for me.

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 13:58 Quote
photo

Proud owner of my first Commencal. Can't get over the value of these things.
Might not be as efficient as the V4 but as an intro into all mountain/enduro riding I couldn't see anything even close for the money!!

O+
Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 19:54 Quote
yo selling a 2015 v4 race plus anybody into it?
2015 Commencal Meta V4 Race Plus - 4 year warrenty

Posted: Aug 25, 2016 at 20:49 Quote
dwells wrote:

Possibly, how much you looking for?

Posted: Sep 1, 2016 at 22:34 Quote
Lambert45 wrote:
Lambert45 wrote:
I have a v3 Meta AM 27.5 2014 or 2015 but I'm not exactly sure? The rear shock blows though the travel really easy, even at 210PSI. So I am looking to either rebuild the Fox or find a piggy back shock to replace it. It does have the notched swing arm so I am pretty sure most Air piggy back shocks will fit. My question is do I rebuild the Original shock or find a piggy back and if so which ones work the best with this suspension?

photo

After reading all of your responses to my question I ended up installing volume spacers. I have been on four solid rides now since and the shock feels much better throughout the stroke. I was running 210psi and now with the spacers Iv been running 185psi. I have used the whole shock at this psi but it feels much more progressive at the end of the stroke and its still sensitive on the small bumps. Its not a huge night and day difference but better for sure. Thanks for the feed back!

photo

A little up date on my Commencal. I have installed a Float X which feels amazing as well as a 34 tooth oval chain ring. I am on the fence if I should sell the bike in order to build a new one but I am still having a blast riding it.

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2016 at 18:00 Quote
anyone have any info on the new Meta SX? Looks pretty sweet, trying to get a buddy on one as a replacement for his bottle rocket.

Posted: Sep 4, 2016 at 7:19 Quote
Stayslacking wrote:
anyone have any info on the new Meta SX? Looks pretty sweet, trying to get a buddy on one as a replacement for his bottle rocket.

Such a sick deal, he should buy it

Posted: Sep 7, 2016 at 17:29 Quote
So I've just pulled the trigger on a new Supreme V4 frame only. Has anyone gone this route? Im interested to know whats in the box, description is a little hazy and im not sure if it comes with the adjustment headtube inserts or just the standard centered ones in the box, or if it has a headset pressed in already or I need to order one?

O+
Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 20:06 Quote
shredsONyou wrote:
dwells wrote:

Possibly, how much you looking for?

ive got an offer for 2450 shipped. if you want to top hollar otherwise will be gone by the end of this weekend

Posted: Sep 9, 2016 at 6:00 Quote
Commencal Supreme DH. Rockshox boxxer RC BOS Stoy Easton Havocs SRAM drivetrain and brakes finishing kit from Deity SDG and Burgtec
2015 Commencal Supreme DH with BOS Stoy
Boxxer RC
Easton Havoc 150 UST wheelset
SRAM drivetrain, single speed.
Avid elixir 7 levers with code/x0 trail callipers
Burgetec RW bars, Spank stem
Deity pedals and seat clamp
SDG seat and post
Minion DHF/DHR II
Came Creek headset
Own chain guide

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 22:27 Quote
My commie and messy apartment
Supreme park
photo
Not the best pictures
Specs are pretty stock, highlights:
Shadow conspiracy gipsy grips
Bone Deth Vibrator seat
Deity syringe pivotal
Lacondeguy pedals
CHAINLESS
TWENTY SIX AINT DEAD
lol jks but srs.
Sorry about bad pictures again Smile

Posted: Sep 15, 2016 at 14:39 Quote
Cheers mates! I need help.
I am so hard into COMMENCAL right now, that i have checked nearly the last 100 pages for photos.

I have to choose between the META V3 ( the new ones, in fresh orange ) or the META V4 RIDE in orange.

Well here's the thing: I really love the frame and look of the V3 and how the shock is placed, but I somehow read that the V4 is better in overall useability (expecially climbing). Not to mention, that the V3 has never been reviewed? Any experience on this? This will be my first Enduro.

What should i do? Take the Bike i fell so hard in love with, or take the (maybe better?) also great looking and less weight V4?

Would love to hear from you guys, cheers from Germany! Smile

Posted: Sep 15, 2016 at 15:23 Quote
JinSan wrote:
I am so hard into COMMENCAL right now, that i have checked nearly the last 100 pages for photos.

I have to choose between the META V3 ( the new ones, in fresh orange ) or the META V4 RIDE in orange.

Well here's the thing: I really love the frame and look of the V3 and how the shock is placed, but I somehow read that the V4 is better in overall useability (expecially climbing). Not to mention, that the V3 has never been reviewed? Any experience on this? This will be my first Enduro.

What should i do? Take the Bike i fell so hard in love with, or take the (maybe better?) also great looking and less weight V4?

Freaking love my V4 and it has great reviews. I have found that it actually climbs better than the reviews give it credit for.
That orange V3 is pretty damn sweet tho. Tough call. It's hard for me to judge the V3 because like you said there are basically no reviews of it for some reason

Posted: Sep 15, 2016 at 18:12 Quote
JinSan wrote:

I had the same issue. In the end i went for the v3 from 2016 (essential) as its a brilliant bike for the money and already has great spec. It doesnt climb as well as the v4 when the shocks are open and you are standing up but with the shock locked off and sitting down to climb its perfectly capable. They are both brilliant bikes and although the v4 is slightly better i chose to save the money and invest in other kit i needed and still have an awesome bike!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020510
Mobile Version of Website