Aribike SRAM XX1 / X01 Replacement 42t Cog

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Aribike SRAM XX1 / X01 Replacement 42t Cog
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 15:32 Quote
Just received an Aribike replacement 42t cog for my worn out X01 drive train, it appears well made and was straight forward to fit.

You just prise off the old worn out cog with a large flat bladed screwdriver, then assemble the cog onto the XD driver with a thin spacer behind and a fat one in front. Then you align the biggest pin on the back of the remaining cassette with the well marked hole on the Aribike cog and it all fits together nicely when you tighten up the cassette onto the wheel. Gears shift OK on the stand, will find out tomorrow night in the Lake district if it works OK on the trail.

Aribike do different colours and you can even have a bigger 44t cog if you prefer, the cog cost 75 Euros but the postage was a kick in the teeth at 30 Euros, still its cheaper than a new cassette which is about 200 Euros.

Aribikes are based in Italy and have been easy to deal with over e-mail, website here

http://www.aribike.it/
http://www.aribike.it/pignone%20sram%20XX1%20html/pignone_cassetta_sramXX1.htm

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 12:09 Quote
@ Rooster-x
How does it work after a few month of Riding

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 4:58 Quote
frriv31 wrote:
@ Rooster-x

Pretty rubbish, shifting poor and eventually sent it back when it broke, too flimsy in my opinion. To be fair they offered me a free replacement but at my cost for postage, which at 30 euro's seemed like a waste of money. As by that time I had put my old Sram cog back on which now worked with a 3 month old chain that had stretched enough and I wished I had never tried the Ari cog as it spoilt 3 months of riding including 2 weeks in Arizona, a lot of the time it just wouldn't shift because of the flex, the SRAM cog is solid and works every time.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 11:40 Quote
Rooster-x wrote:
frriv31 wrote:
@ Rooster-x

Pretty rubbish, shifting poor and eventually sent it back when it broke, too flimsy in my opinion. To be fair they offered me a free replacement but at my cost for postage, which at 30 euro's seemed like a waste of money. As by that time I had put my old Sram cog back on which now worked with a 3 month old chain that had stretched enough and I wished I had never tried the Ari cog as it spoilt 3 months of riding including 2 weeks in Arizona, a lot of the time it just wouldn't shift because of the flex, the SRAM cog is solid and works every time.

Thanks... I'm in the same situation of you where I change the chain and the chain ring and not it is skipping on the 42. One up component does a 44 but I like the 42.... I may just suck it up a little bit until my new chain stretch a bit

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 at 0:33 Quote
Best idea, although I've kept my old X01 cassette to try with a One-up 44t when my current X1 cassette wears out.

Cheers

Tom

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027456
Mobile Version of Website