New to dh and want feed back on bikes

PB Forum :: Downhill
New to dh and want feed back on bikes
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 23, 2014 at 11:32 Quote
I started racing super d last year and my friend let me ride dh for a day (on a demo Cool
Iv been looking around and i like a lot of different bikes but don't quite know what to go with
(Turner dhr, trek session, commencal supreme dh, evil undead, kona operator, norco aura, scott gambler etc)
I live in jersey and have every terrain. I was curious if you guys could help me figure out what i should look for
Im 6ft 160 lb 19 years old
Im going to be racing dh
What should i be looking for

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 15:13 Quote
What's your budget?

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 21:57 Quote
pm148 wrote:
What's your budget?
i would probably say about 3g since i have to pay for classes and my car
used is what im looking for

Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 23:58 Quote
Why don't you try out a trek remedy? I have the Remedy 8 2014 and it has done more than fine for me on black diamond DH trails at pro parks. I believe the 7 has rockshox, look for the 8 or better i believe with the fox forks. This bike is more than capable of DH unless you are racing pro and one hell of a bang for your buck. I'll post a pic of mine soon. Hope this helps.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 6:01 Quote
CRUmbach wrote:
Why don't you try out a trek remedy? I have the Remedy 8 2014 and it has done more than fine for me on black diamond DH trails at pro parks. I believe the 7 has rockshox, look for the 8 or better i believe with the fox forks. This bike is more than capable of DH unless you are racing pro and one hell of a bang for your buck. I'll post a pic of mine soon. Hope this helps.

Ummmm no. The remedy is a super capable bike, but your not going to win Dh races on it.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 6:04 Quote
Heinos wrote:
pm148 wrote:
What's your budget?

In that case of you want a new bike go for a specialized status. It's a good starter bike and itll be fine for racing. If you want to go used than look at a session or really any of the bikes you mentioned. There are lots of specailized demos on the buy/sell that you can get a good deal on.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 6:53 Quote
pm148 wrote:
Heinos wrote:
pm148 wrote:
What's your budget?

In that case of you want a new bike go for a specialized status. It's a good starter bike and itll be fine for racing. If you want to go used than look at a session or really any of the bikes you mentioned. There are lots of specailized demos on the buy/sell that you can get a good deal on.

This. And I would strongly suggest you go and check them out in person to really see what condition they're in because pictures can be deceiving. Try to avoid buying a damaged or poorly spec'd bike just because you like the model. It'll cost you in the long run.

Posted: Oct 26, 2014 at 19:10 Quote
Specialized status is in that price range. also a great bike. You can get a new one for a little over 3gs. like stated above, its a great starter dh rig and won't do too shabby in races. i own one, so i guess I'm a little biased. but i love it.

Posted: Oct 26, 2014 at 20:06 Quote
I got my 2012 demo for 2900 in Oct 2012 and it was basically brand new.
Not a scratch on it and tires still had the little string things on them.
I'd recommend it.

O+
Posted: Oct 26, 2014 at 20:46 Quote
i got the used status from the trestle bike park for around 1600 a couple of years ago and its a solid bike just a little heavy.

Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 10:50 Quote
The kona operator and norco aurum are great for the money

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012042
Mobile Version of Website