New Wheelset for Enduro 29er

PB Forum :: Specialized
New Wheelset for Enduro 29er
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 9:17 Quote
Hi

Had my Spesh Enduro 29er for a while now but wanting to upgrade the wheels and for a tubeless setup.

Can anyone recommend some ?

Steve

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 11:56 Quote
I put a set of Crank Brothers Iodine 2 wheels on my Enduro 29er and love them so far. Super easy tubeless setup due to no rim tape needed

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 12:29 Quote
thanks nick and what hubs did you use ?

O+
Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 13:27 Quote
I'd recommend the Roval Traverse SL or Fattie SL, super light, quick accelerating, and the amazing feel of carbon wheels.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2014 at 20:20 Quote
I have never heard any good things about Crank Brothers wheels, and the rim/hub combo is proprietary, so they come as wheelset only. I second the Fattie SL if you don't mind the extra $$$. There is also the ever popular Hope pro 2 evo w/ stans flow or arch rims. I've been using that setup for a little while now set up tubeless. Used some standard geax saguro tires on the arches, which sealed ok, and only had a couple of issues with burping. Currently I have Specialized Butcher and Purgatory tires on flow rims. They both sealed up phenomenally, and have had zero burp issues thus far.

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 5:28 Quote
TwoWheelMike wrote:
I have never heard any good things about Crank Brothers wheels, and the rim/hub combo is proprietary, so they come as wheelset only. I second the Fattie SL if you don't mind the extra $$$. There is also the ever popular Hope pro 2 evo w/ stans flow or arch rims. I've been using that setup for a little while now set up tubeless. Used some standard geax saguro tires on the arches, which sealed ok, and only had a couple of issues with burping. Currently I have Specialized Butcher and Purgatory tires on flow rims. They both sealed up phenomenally, and have had zero burp issues thus far.

Thanks buddy, yeah the Fattie SL is too much and always thought about going for the Hope pro 2's but which ones are the best and which hubs can I use ? sorry pretty clueless about sizing and whats compatible for the enduro 29er

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010082
Mobile Version of Website