Good DJ street pedals

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Good DJ street pedals
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Oct 24, 2014 at 21:21 Quote
I'm looking for well rounded dj/street pedals so let me know what you ride and how like them.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 1:02 Quote
there are a few good pedals i personally like, that being said your decision will probably be based on how much your willing to spend. for what in my opinion is a good pedal your looking at around $75. you can go cheaper but anything down from there might not be great. also, these product choices have a lot of bias because i have owned and liked them all.

Low price tier: These are the pedal i run on my bmx bike even though there a little out of style. The Deity Compound pedals might be cheap but they are in my opinion the best plastic pedals I've ever had. I know i just said anything below $75 isnt amazing but these pedals kinda brake that rule.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/deity-components-compound-pedals-2014/rp-prod94876

Mid price tier: for mid tier there are two pedals i recommend. the first is the chromag contact and the second is the DMR vault pedals. both of these are typical pedals but they do everything there suppose to do and they do it well.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/dmr-vault-flat-pedals/rp-prod62237
http://www.chromagbikes.com/pedals/contact
(couldnt find a good store for contacts, but i paid $110)

High price tier: for the high price tier my personal favorite is the Race Face atlas pedals. they are high quality pedals with a weight matching some $250 pedals. retail at $170
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/race-face-atlas-flat-pedals/rp-prod113354

there are a few pedals above this price, but the only difference will be a minimum weight loss. I personally wouldn't go above $200 on pedals. there are also pedals much cheaper, but i feel like they just aren't as nice and wont last as long. that being said there are people i know who use cheaper pedals and just replace them when needed, but i buy for the long term.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 8:52 Quote
Deity Skyskrapers and nukeproof Electrns are also good. I have some Azonic 420s from 5 years ago that have taken a serious beating, never been serviced, and still spin smoothly. I have to say for the price they are some of the best ever. Stay away from Holzfellers, they are the worst for durability.

Deity cmpounds are good, but the pins are a little soft.... They round off easily if you wear 5 10s

FL
Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 9:15 Quote
I have truvativ holzfellers now and they have a really nice feel to them but they are absolute shin killers

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 9:52 Quote
omtimasprime wrote:
I have truvativ holzfellers now and they have a really nice feel to them but they are absolute shin killers

I used them for trials back in the day. They have a 'shaky bearing' issue that consistently happens to all of them eventually and can't be fixed. Went through 2 pairs n about 4 months then gave up on them. You're better off with v sixty mags or dmr mags if you want.

True though... They f? Your shins up, bad.

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 at 11:26 Quote
as far as deity compounds go i agree the pins are a little soft so after a month i just went to ace and bought some new pins for like 7 bucks. mind you that was 100 pins. sorry i didn't mention that in the first post. anything deity is pretty good. I haven't uses other pedals so its hard for me to give a recommendation, but i do like azonic wheels.

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 10:51 Quote
I am considdering NS Radiance pedals. Any thoughts on those?

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 12:10 Quote
Metro-Gnome wrote:
Deity cmpounds are good, but the pins are a little soft.... They round off easily if you wear 5 10s

+1 for Diety Compounds. You do sacrifice a bit of grip as they only run four pins, however they are light and work well while not gashing your leg open if you slip off.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009628
Mobile Version of Website