UST Tyres not seating on UST rims?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
UST Tyres not seating on UST rims?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 4:52 Quote
Continental Rubber queen UST 2.2's on Mavic Crosstrails.

I have a track pump, have lathered the rim and tyre with soapy water, and have one of those "homemade ghetto tubeless inflators" that can pump 3l of air at 80psi into the tyre instantly - but no dice?

Even my bloody ghetto solution wasnt this hard. Whats wrong?

Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 11:57 Quote
What is happening, is there a gap between the bead and rim?
When I mounted my tires (TR not UST tires on UST rim) I moved the tire beads against the rim bead before airing up the first time (some people suggest using a tire lever), and they seated with a floor pump, so in case you didn't, give that a try.

Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 16:06 Quote
Continentals are notoriously hard to get seated properly. A buddy to help move the tire/bead around on the areas that are not seating can be pretty helpful.

Best of luck.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2014 at 22:23 Quote
Maybe the valve is pushing the bead open. Can you tell if the air is coming out in one spot? It might help to unscrew the valve partially, push it up into the tire settle bead down and screw it back tight. Or perhaps the valve is clogged with old sealant? With trouble tires I often remove the valve core to get air in faster. Of course I have compressor which makes this really easy but it help in your case too.

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 10:56 Quote
Someoldfart has the likely solution.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010423
Mobile Version of Website