Good Street Park wheels

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Good Street Park wheels
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 20:10 Quote
I'm looking for a decent complete wheelset that is on the lighter side but also affordable (ruffly $400) I ride mostly park and dirt jumps so the wheels need to be really strong..

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 20:44 Quote
Hope's Pro 2 evo 40t hubs on Mavic EX 721s would probably be a good choice. They're available on Chain Reaction Cycles for a good price.

FL
Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 22:10 Quote
Thanks yeah I was looking at those or maybe spank tweet or spoon completes as well

Posted: Nov 12, 2014 at 22:43 Quote
My mate has the Spank Tweet 28 evo rims on Novatec hubs and he loves them! The rims are mega strong and look fantastic, but the anodizing is pretty thin and scratches easily. Tweets on Hope Pro 2 evos with some nice DT Swiss spokes and nipples built by an experienced wheel builder would be very nice indeed if you can afford to spend that much. If you're set on a complete build I'd stay with Hope Hoops EX 721s just because the value for money and build quality are so high and the strength of the Mavic rim is very well proven.

FL
Posted: Nov 18, 2014 at 18:58 Quote
What about the spank spoon complete Wheelset because there labeled as "DJ wheels" but I want hear your opinions.

Posted: Nov 19, 2014 at 3:15 Quote
I've not put any time on the spoons before, but most of Spanks rims are pretty good at what they are designed to be. The spoon wheelset is pretty beefy as far as I know but the stock build is very heavy (2350g) compared to the other options we've discussed, I'm also not too sure about Spank's hubs or what spokes they use. I'd be inclined to go with a build off the Tweet rims with some DT or Sapim spokes and nipples on some second hand Hope Pro 2 evos just because you'll know 100% that what you'd be getting for your money would be as good as it can be. Hope's hubs can be rebuilt really easily too as all the individual components are available after market, in fact I've got a 10ish yr. old Hope Bulb Ti that had new bearings and a new free hub last year and it's in as good condition as my 2014 Pro 2 evo. A custom built wheel will almost always fit your needs better than a factory wheel (unless someone already makes the combo you are after).

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010808
Mobile Version of Website