Reverb Help

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2014 at 15:16 Quote
So I bought a used Reverb off a guy (already know this was dumb) and I got it with low air pressure so I pumped it up and then did a full bleed (it was loaded with air). When I had it good and had good pressure on the trigger I set her up and upon the first time depressing it it got stuck in the down position.

I re-bled it and nothing. So I let the air out and re-filled it and nothing. So I let the air out and raised it by hand and when I went to refill it - it automatically creates a suction and compresses to the fully lowered position. Now the thing is completely shot it seems b/c no matter what I do I cannot get the air into the system without the post lowering.

Please tell me I am doing something totally stupid. I had a reverb before for over a year and had zero issues with it and bled it myself numerous times.

Posted: Nov 17, 2014 at 20:03 Quote
Just reassemble it. There is YouTube sram channel with manual that consists of 4 or 5 videos.
Hint: you don't need ifp tool. Ifp depth is always equal to the post travel. Also there is no need to buy Rick shox oil. This is not a damping system, so use any oil you have (but not very viscous). I used ATF dextron for example.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 18:31 Quote
Reassembling or rebuilding it is not easy...high chance that you could mess it up more. I would take it to a bike shop.

What happens if you remove the seat post from the bike and push the remote button while the seatpost is upside down?

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 at 4:27 Quote
it is totally easy if follow youtube manual. I made it for a one evening. but I'm wrenching for 3 years

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2014 at 5:23 Quote
You've got a failed IFP seal and need to do a full overhaul of the post. The parts are around $50 and the labor should be roughly $60 if you don't do it yourself.
As the others have mentioned, the instructional videos are very helpful but if you haven't had any experience with suspension work you should take it to your mechanic. The Reverb is one of the more complicated parts on a montain bike. Let me know if you have any questions.
Regards
-David

Posted: Dec 11, 2014 at 9:11 Quote
Hey I am having some oil leaks on the bottom of my reverb stealth and already did a service with the seal kit but after just one ride it dumps oil on the bottom of the dropper and looses travel. My bike mechanic says that it could be the poppet piston? has anyone had these issue wit reverb?

thanxs

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009148
Mobile Version of Website