DH vs BMX frame,which is stronger?

PB Forum :: Downhill
DH vs BMX frame,which is stronger?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 15:49 Quote
I want to know which frame will be stronger,and also which complete bike would be stronger or comparing some parts like the stem and handlebar and rims,and which tires will be stronger,and which bike will support higher drops to flat like 4-8 meters.
in short,which bike would be stronger

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 17:22 Quote
Lol. Bmx bike is for bmx, dh bike is for dh, dh bike will be "stronger"

Posted: Nov 20, 2014 at 19:03 Quote
Surely if you know what DH and BMX is then you already know the answer to that.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 1:48 Quote
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
I want to know which frame will be stronger,and also which complete bike would be stronger or comparing some parts like the stem and handlebar and rims,and which tires will be stronger,and which bike will support higher drops to flat like 4-8 meters.

You could do a 4-8 meter drop on a BMX, you'd just eat shit harder than you've ever thought possible.

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 9:25 Quote
J3cc wrote:
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:

You could do a 4-8 meter drop on a BMX, you'd just eat shit harder than you've ever thought possible.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL XDDD

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 10:28 Quote
Actually world record (Guinness) bike drop to flat is on trials bike which is more bmx than dh. So I wonder if you eat more shit with bmx than dh bike then why don't they break records with dh bikes?

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 15:36 Quote
Are you talking about the actual structures? bmx bikes are traditionally two triangles, very very strong even with light weight tubing.

DH bikes or trail bikes, while they are generally "triangles" there is linkage involved, long chain stays but add flex, are they designed to take the flex some? Sure…

If you watch any modern BMX street video dudes are taking roofs to flat! When was the last time you saw a DH bike to go to flat?

That is not really saying it is stronger, what I am trying to point out is even though these are both bikes and both are often connected with tricks and other cool "stunts". We are really trying to compare apples to oranges.

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 15:55 Quote
Probaby the BMX, cause a mountain bike has a lot of aluminum and it breaks a lot. a carbon BMX is what I would look at. suuuupper strong.

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 at 4:35 Quote
My opinion is this question just doesn't make any sense.

Posted: Nov 22, 2014 at 10:20 Quote
ronnyg801 wrote:
Are you talking about the actual structures? bmx bikes are traditionally two triangles, very very strong even with light weight tubing.

DH bikes or trail bikes, while they are generally "triangles" there is linkage involved, long chain stays but add flex, are they designed to take the flex some? Sure…

If you watch any modern BMX street video dudes are taking roofs to flat! When was the last time you saw a DH bike to go to flat?

That is not really saying it is stronger, what I am trying to point out is even though these are both bikes and both are often connected with tricks and other cool "stunts". We are really trying to compare apples to oranges.
you're right dude,this question doesn't make any sense 'cause both bikes are suuper strong and we can't compare them,we can make tricks and stunts in both bikes,bmx bikes has some advantages over dh bikes,also dh bikes has some advantages over bmx bikes,i know its crazy lol

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010379
Mobile Version of Website