Cant find front forks

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Cant find front forks
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 17:47 Quote
okay so basically I have Cannondale full suspension bike and I would like to upgrade the forks currently have rockshox recon's tk silver air something and I would to upgrade to something a little more all mountain as im told the bike could support a fork of up to 140-150mm travel for last few months ive been browsing around bike sites and I cant seem to find anything suitable without it being like £600 or something stupid as most of you are aware Cannondale frame's have oversized 1.5" steerer so far ive only seen a couple forks which tick most of the boxes and are not stupid price's and they have been a older fox models from 2010-2012 but still were £200-£300 for some reason anyone know any other companies which stock forks around this size: 140-150mm travel straight 1.5" steerer tube. a friend told me x-fusion stocked them but there website says they don't no more ?

Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 18:40 Quote
what might make it easier for you is to get a reducer headset. this will allow you to put a 1 1/8" steerer fork onto your cannondale frame.

as its tempting to just jam a longer travel fork on your frame, its not advisable to increase the travel more than 10% of what the frame was built with. it will throw the geometry off and can put too much stress on the headtube of the frame and cause cracking or breakage. im just putting that out there, i dont know what frame you have, but rockshox only makes the recon in 80, 100 and 120mm, going 140-150mm is a huge jump.

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 3:38 Quote
It's around 120mm travel atm

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010045
Mobile Version of Website