Looking for opinions on a FR or DH Mongoose to compliment my Teocali.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Looking for opinions on a FR or DH Mongoose to compliment my Teocali.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2014 at 19:04 Quote
First off, Mongoose haters go elsewhere as I'm very happy with how my Teocali rides, I'm just looking for something with more travel and DH friendly for Mountain Creek in NJ and most other slopes on the eastern half of PA.

I'm 5'10 about 180 w/gear and barely an "intermediate" rider. That being said, I will probably never race downhill, but I've been considering an enduro or two later on. I'm torn between a Pinn'R and Boot'R. I'm not really sure if I'll need the extra travel of the Boot'R, but don't want to sell myself short either as they are priced almost identically. Any Pinn'R I'll be condsidering will probably have a dual crown fork. I'll be buying used, as I love the FreeDrive. My Teocali is a size L (with a 50mm stem to replace the stock 100mm) and I feel comfortable on the bike, but I'm not sure if I would be better off on a Medium when the going gets steep.

Anyone have any insight for which would suit me better as a DH/FR bike on the east coast out here?

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 23:25 Quote
Any help from any current or ex Goose riders? I'm looking to purchase very soon. So far I'm leaning toward a '10+ Boot'R but worried about the "race" geometry.

Posted: Dec 2, 2014 at 18:53 Quote
Nevermind, did a bunch of research and found a nice 2010 Boot'R on here and picked it up last weekend. Now just have to wait till spring...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008037
Mobile Version of Website