LOOKING FOR SOME HELP PICKING A DJ BIKE *UNDER 1K*

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
LOOKING FOR SOME HELP PICKING A DJ BIKE *UNDER 1K*
Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 9:59 Quote
CRC has octane one void frames for $155, $135 after the $20 off promo. That would be a god place to start.

Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 10:16 Quote
I don't know about going custom for a grand. Even if you got a. Frame for 100... You still need wheels and a decent fork. Usually that will set you back about 600... Lets say you get a circus expert and a set of single tracks or other cheap wheels... Even that is going to be over 600 and you still need tires, a headset, bars stem seatpost pedals cranks bb chain soooo many things you probably don't account for when you start

My point is, it is difficult to build something decent for a grand. My advice is save another 400 and get a stock p3. Best value for around 1400. If you bought all the parts separately you're looking at over 2000 minimum, even they were all discounted (parts). Just my 2¥

Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 11:16 Quote
So why not just get the DB and build/upgrade over time. Figure out what you like. Try other people's bikes at the park. Heck, the fork on the DB is worth $350 alone. Wheelset is good. you could easily buy another frame later and re-use the parts. That buys you time to look for deals on the upgrade parts you want. Building from the start will put you over $1k quickly.

Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 12:08 Quote
MDuke wrote:
So why not just get the DB and build/upgrade over time. Figure out what you like. Try other people's bikes at the park. Heck, the fork on the DB is worth $350 alone. Wheelset is good. you could easily buy another frame later and re-use the parts. That buys you time to look for deals on the upgrade parts you want. Building from the start will put you over $1k quickly.

I was thinking to get the DB and upgrade it over time (eg. Banshee amp frame Fox shocks ect.)

Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 12:09 Quote
Aidan8721 wrote:
MDuke wrote:

I was thinking to get the DB and upgrade it over time (eg. Banshee amp frame Fox shocks ect.)
considering it is only $677

Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 12:39 Quote
Despite the fact that DB has cheapened their brand over the years, the Assault and 2nd Assault are great DJ frames. I'd bet you'd get good use from that frame. The fork too. Solid mid-level fork. Would fit the Banshee with it's tapered head tube.

Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 13:42 Quote
MDuke wrote:
Despite the fact that DB has cheapened their brand over the years, the Assault and 2nd Assault are great DJ frames. I'd bet you'd get good use from that frame. The fork too. Solid mid-level fork. Would fit the Banshee with it's tapered head tube.
Well I think I have decided on the DB...

Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 13:42 Quote
Aidan8721 wrote:
MDuke wrote:
Well I think I have decided on the DB...

Not quite sure though...

Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 13:47 Quote
Pick up a better bike used with a season or two on it.

Posted: Nov 30, 2014 at 13:52 Quote
nimmo wrote:
Pick up a better bike used with a season or two on it.
totally agree, it is possible to buy a good used bike for about 400€, sometimes high end bikes under 1K, I totally recommend to buy used and replace broken parts if it is needed, it is so much cheaper.

Posted: Dec 3, 2014 at 20:01 Quote
I chose... The Diamondback!

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 11:15 Quote
I'm curious to see what your initial impression of the bike is.

Posted: Dec 4, 2014 at 16:36 Quote
I will tell you about it as soon as I get it. I ordered it off amazon last night! My christmas present to myself...

O+
Posted: Dec 14, 2014 at 18:14 Quote
Aidan8721 wrote:
J3cc wrote:
Can you get Dartmoor bikes in Canada? They're cheap over here and pretty damn good!

I don't think so I've looked into them but have not found any at the dealers or canadian websites.

It's happening Wink

Posted: Dec 15, 2014 at 17:52 Quote
Don't get a DB! They make SOME good bikes but is still entry level. get something from a brand that specializes in Dj. Like Ns, Diety, Dartmoor, etc. Don't get bike brands that are in department stores if you know what I mean.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013743
Mobile Version of Website