How can i convince my parents to let me bring my bike on vacation? need help!!!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
How can i convince my parents to let me bring my bike on vacation? need help!!!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 21:13 Quote
Ok so im going to LA then fiji this x mas break and it is gonna be a long bikeless trip. I am trying to convince them to let me bring it in a bag that i have, Can anyone help me on giving my parents good points so that they can be convinced. PLease!!!!

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 21:14 Quote
Also fiji doesnt have any bike rentals

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 22:25 Quote
There are pros and cons. The pros are that no rider has EVER regretted bringing a bike on a trip. It's a great wayto experience a new place.

The con is that it can be expensive and/or a pain in the ass because of airlines. I have put a 20" bmx into a hockey bag several times, and it was awesome. Other times I have brought 24" and 26"s in cardboard bike boxes which has been hit or miss. A couple times, no problems, another time, my box was destroyed and bike damaged. A problem with road/Mtb hard cases is where do you store/carry the case once you're there. There are a few inflatable options but I haven't tried them.

A secondary consideration is how do you transport your bike once you're there. I bought a foldable car bike rack... If you show up with a bike and a tiny rental car you might be in trouble.

Look again at Fiji. You might actually find some bike rentals. They won't be cool bikes most likely, but it helps get your fix.

Try your best to make it happen!

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 1:21 Quote
tom1201 wrote:
Ok so im going to LA then fiji this x mas break and it is gonna be a long bikeless trip. I am trying to convince them to let me bring it in a bag that i have, Can anyone help me on giving my parents good points so that they can be convinced. PLease!!!!

Tell them it's good exercise and if you don't take it you'll be bored and in their way! If it'll fit in a bag I personally don't see the problem...

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 18:50 Quote
Bikes notoriously go missing and are expensive to ship. Perhaps you could offer to pay the extra luggage fees, may help. Also labeling a bike exercise equipment may get you a lower rate (don't tell them it's a bike) it would probably go a long way. Or you could try snorkeling, it's awesome.

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 19:45 Quote
Hmmm. You disappearing for hours on a bike is what the rents have now. They are likely seeing the vacation as family time opportunity. I don't see you winning this one. Enjoy the snorkeling.

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 19:54 Quote
kden
ricar wrote:
Bikes notoriously go missing and are expensive to ship. Perhaps you could offer to pay the extra luggage fees, may help. Also labeling a bike exercise equipment may get you a lower rate (don't tell them it's a bike) it would probably go a long way. Or you could try snorkeling, it's awesome.

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 11:30 Quote
I just can't let this go. As much as I like riding if I lived near a beach with girls in bikinis all day... I'd do a lot more snorkeling.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012149
Mobile Version of Website