Stripped threads Inside frame

PB Forum :: Downhill
Stripped threads Inside frame
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 18:07 Quote
So I was trying to put my DVO jade on my 2015 demo 8 and I guess I had cross threaded the bolt and trashed the threads inside the frame. Has this happened to anyone else, on a demo or even any other bike? If so what did you guys do to repair it!??

Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 23:05 Quote
Chase them threads.

Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 23:27 Quote
madmax650 wrote:
Chase them threads.

Thats the plan and if that doesn't work ill do a helicoil or timesert and if that fails....well ill have to buy a new frame or see if i can get a new front triangle Frown

Posted: Dec 23, 2014 at 9:13 Quote
exactly only thing you can really do is tap them out. I stripped my cheap shimano hollow-tech octa link whateverthef on my old bike and had to cut off the cranks just to replace them and the bb. Nice shock by the way

Posted: Dec 23, 2014 at 17:56 Quote
gcmartini wrote:
exactly only thing you can really do is tap them out. I stripped my cheap shimano hollow-tech octa link whateverthef on my old bike and had to cut off the cranks just to replace them and the bb. Nice shock by the way

Thank you! I was able to chase the threads out and clean them up and all is well! The bridge on it is a little bent thats why it went in crooked...but its all together and all good!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008893
Mobile Version of Website