instructions to making a foam pit

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
instructions to making a foam pit
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 14:44 Quote
Hey guys. I need help trying to make a foam pit. Please if you know how post pics and instroctions on how to make one. Thanks

Posted: Dec 25, 2014 at 20:44 Quote
DOWNHILFORLIFE wrote:
Hey guys. I need help trying to make a foam pit. Please if you know how post pics and instroctions on how to make one. Thanks

There was one indoor bikepark around here (which closed several years ago) that had a "ghetto" foam pit. Like, instead of foam, it was a load of random pillows and couch cushions.

More people got injured in that thing than on the regular ramps. It was very easy to twist an ankle or have your bars hit you in the face.

So, don't even consider that option. Big Grin

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 11:22 Quote
IF you can source the foam, build box. How big is up to you. Some 2x4s build a basic wall then make another. Make an end wall, then another. Line the inside with chip board (crap when wet) or ply wood (less crap when wet) stand the 4 walls up and screw them together. Inside the "box" fill with foam squares then add a jump and you are done.

I would definitely suggest lining it with a tarp, or at least ground cover and if you can, move the foam indoors for bad weather. Mold WILL get into the foam, and that is bad for your health.

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 15:02 Quote
Anyone have any ideas of where to get foam

Posted: Dec 27, 2014 at 16:00 Quote
I found a company that made foam seats years ago that tossed the ones with blemishes. They would let you take them out of the garbage if you cut them into bits. You could try automotive accessory companies or furniture repair shops....

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010397
Mobile Version of Website