For us 40+ 2015 goals

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
For us 40+ 2015 goals
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 4:28 Quote
What are some goals that you all men and women have for this year as far as riding and staying in fit. and how do you plan on accomplishing them.
I will start by saying I would like to be able to pedal up hill further and enter a race or two,stay in better shape by exercising more and running more often..maybe drink less coffee as well.Never mind about the coffee.

And to get this bike.
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd244/flyrayfishing/f8778dd3032cf3b48e65111f33585d48_zps5c4773e2.jpg
OR:
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd244/flyrayfishing/45d79d6140e617fdad0634e24d3baf88_zps5210e10f.jpg

Posted: Jan 8, 2015 at 16:47 Quote
Don't worry about goals just get out and enjoy the sport,

PS I have that bronson in black with Enves

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 6:10 Quote
TheFreney wrote:
Don't worry about goals just get out and enjoy the sport,

PS I have that bronson in black with Enves

I like having goals to push myself..but have fun reaching them.
I love the look of the Bronson in black.

Posted: Jan 9, 2015 at 8:07 Quote
If you want goals, Strava is your man, it's great seeing that you have bet your previous times. Do as many conpetitions as you can cause let's say you come X in this competition then next time you do it you aim for better than your previous result.

Posted: Feb 1, 2015 at 15:23 Quote
I did some serious backsliding over the past year so I've got a lot of work to do before spring. My goals are a sub six hour road century and to complete a gravel century. I've performed poorly on my last two organized gravel rides due to poor preparation and health problems (two heart attacks 11 months apart and within a couple weeks after the rides). My Drs say I'm good to go. So I guess my biggest goal is not to have another freakin heart attack.

BTW, Drs say that my cycling had a very positive impact on the good outcomes and rapid recovery (virtually no damage to my heart).

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 at 17:37 Quote
I just aim to bike more - atlas 4 days per week. I also plan to hit Whistler bike park and improve my air skills! But I really just want to have fun, stay injury free and feel like a kid again.

On the tech side, using a Fitbit surge and trying to go over 10000 steps per day. It does give interesting data for those that are interested.

Posted: Mar 16, 2015 at 12:26 Quote
I would like to focus on strengthening my core to increase stability and hopefully reduce the chance of injury. Working on doing track stands and step ups. I would also like to ride more, but that involves purchasing a bike rack for my car. The tax return should help with that! I am also doing a mini tri K, so I need to do some swimming. It is a great cardio workout and overall body work out. I just really need to ride more, work less!

ps I know Im not 40 yet, but I have several chronic health conditions, including arthritis, so I hope that gets me a pass!

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2015 at 12:00 Quote
Awesome guys!
For me getting my weight down from 325 pounds to the 220 pound area and staying there.
At 250ish right now and I feel a lot better!

This year I want to really attack the technical climbs more and perhaps participate in a race.

I of course very much enjoy the descents but need to be more reserved hurtling down as I can't really afford any injury time at all.
Who can though right?

Also being lighter I might be able to revisit my toolbox drawer of rear air shocks that all let me down when I was heavier. The coil shocks I am using now are waaaay nicer ,even though a heavier bike it makes.

At least 3 whistler trips too I hope!

Cheers
Joe

Posted: Mar 20, 2015 at 8:53 Quote
Get my endurance up!
eat healthier
Lose 20 lbs.
more running. Swimming. And biking!

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 14:29 Quote
I'm 45, been mtbiking since '96 but very little the last two years.

goals for this year:

lose 20 lbs. (weighed in at 198.8 this am, 5'7" tubby tubby, was 204.8 3 weeks ago when I started back)
get back in great riding shape
get my 11 year old daughter into mtbiking, her 24" hotrock needs some mud on it badly

Posted: May 21, 2015 at 20:04 Quote
mtbiker4Lyf wrote:
I'm 45, been mtbiking since '96 but very little the last two years.

goals for this year:

lose 20 lbs. (weighed in at 198.8 this am, 5'7" tubby tubby, was 204.8 3 weeks ago when I started back)
get back in great riding shape
get my 11 year old daughter into mtbiking, her 24" hotrock needs some mud on it badly

way to go! I was the same - quit riding for almost 15 years but back in last two and loving it all over again.

Posted: May 25, 2015 at 16:19 Quote
48 and my goal is to ride in as my different places as possible. Whistler is one and that is in about 70 days and downieville in a few weeks. And beat my strava mileage from last year.

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 23:04 Quote
46 and my goal is to increase my average speed. Got the bike to do it, now I want to use it to its full potential.

Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 8:27 Quote
41 and not getting hurt, same goal every year...

Whatever happens beyond that is gravy...

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2015 at 11:07 Quote
Yes Aaronz25RS ,
Not seriously hurt anyhow!

Pedal pedal!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018187
Mobile Version of Website