Trail bells

• Previous Page
Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 16:46 Quote
Awarenessbell.com to order trail bells. Be considerate. Wear a bell to alert hikers and other trail users. It's my New Years resolution.

May all our trails be wet this year!!!

Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 22:18 Quote
Or a hope rear hub

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2015 at 22:24 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Or a hope rear hub

This.

Also, screaming brakes are better than any bell. Wink

Posted: Jan 2, 2015 at 6:22 Quote
I love blasting past unsuspecting hikers... MOVE BITCH, GET OUT THE WAY...

Posted: Jan 2, 2015 at 15:35 Quote
The bell's also a great bear deterrent...maybe.

Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 6:36 Quote
I can't think of much more annoying than something rattling when I'm riding.

Maybe if you're on shared access trails it'd work, or just don't blast round blind corners...

Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 13:11 Quote
Wow... Tough crowd. Bobo has a great reason why she/he won't carry anything that would constantly ring as you ride. What makes the bells ordered from Awarenessbell.com different from any noisemakers out there is the notched spring loaded knocker that can be hooked to the rim of the bell so that it will remain quiet when you want it to.
Having the choice of switching on or off a bell may persuade some to buy one.

It's also the reality that there are some folks you just cannot ask to carry an awareness bell. I would like to read more of your( not you , bobo) serious reasons why not to carry one. Even sophomoric babblings i will welcome just to keep myself entertained.

Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 19:05 Quote
Id do this before id put a tinker bell on my bike..
photo

Posted: Jan 3, 2015 at 19:42 Quote
cloths pins, why did i never think of that as a kid. i always used duct tape.

ok, so here is why i dint have an annoying bell on my bike
1) i ride mountain bike trails, i never find myself on a mixed use trail.
2) i have very noisy brakes. if they cant heard my turkey gobble from a mile away they deserve the surprise.

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 5:45 Quote
jonus216 wrote:
Wow... Tough crowd. Bobo has a great reason why she/he won't carry anything that would constantly ring as you ride. What makes the bells ordered from Awarenessbell.com different from any noisemakers out there is the notched spring loaded knocker that can be hooked to the rim of the bell so that it will remain quiet when you want it to.
Having the choice of switching on or off a bell may persuade some to buy one.

It's also the reality that there are some folks you just cannot ask to carry an awareness bell. I would like to read more of your( not you , bobo) serious reasons why not to carry one. Even sophomoric babblings i will welcome just to keep myself entertained.

This isn't your product, by any chance, is it?

I don't see how they would be useful.

If you're on a shared trail, it'd be irresponsible even with a bell to go round a blind corner faster than you can stop. If you're approaching a group of people from behind, it doesn't cost $35 to say "excuse me".

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 7:41 Quote
Good day, everyone! I personally don't condone going Mach 1 on multi user trails and irresponsibly blasting past hikers without first slowing down to a stop. Being a trail rider for 20 years, I have learned the hard way the consequence of not slowing down for a hiker and ever since then vowed to make sure to control speed and to wear a bell to make hikers aware and hopefully move out of the way before I get near( the bell is not my license to run over hikers that don't move). There aren't a lot of bike only trails around my area so I have no choice but ride where hikers are present and the majority appreciate the ring.
The bells are not made by me but by my good friend who I'm helping spread the word about the benefits of having one of his awareness bells.

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 7:58 Quote
Please post more opinions about not wearing a bell.

Posted: Jan 5, 2015 at 23:30 Quote
I don't wear my bells when I ride, man. They get caught in my chain!

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 10:19 Quote
Come on, sailor madmax. Bells. Not bell bottoms.

Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 10:52 Quote
jonus216 wrote:
Come on, sailor madmax. Bells. Not bell bottoms.

I was actually goin for the hippy with bell bottoms, not navy sailor. But lol. Just slow down when you see someone, pull off the side of the trail and just be corteous. You don't need to be a dick to be a trail boss. And I hope your friend does good selling his bells

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012585
Mobile Version of Website