Bad feet when on bike

PB Forum :: Beginners
Bad feet when on bike
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 7, 2015 at 7:52 Quote
Iv been suffering from itchy pain in the arch and ball of my foot when I ride... I think it is down part to the lack of anything in my shoes and that a while ago I fell off my bike and badly sprained my ankle and foot which must have weakened it some.
Could this itchy pain be the start of that plantar fasciitis thing? At the moment I ride with fairly rubbish old nike trainers (I don't think nike even being a sport make actually makes proper shoes fit for biking) and the soles on them are quite thing.. which by the looks of them at first you wouldn't have thought. So do I need good insoles to protect my feet from the shocks and pressure off pushing the pedal onto my foot or what? Or could it be how im pedaling that is the problem... I have the pedal behind the ball of my foot though no matter how I alter this the edge of the pedal does dig in a bit into the ball and arch of my foot. I was looking a couple option sand I think that I need some orthotic insoles in my shoes but there seems to be so many different types you can buy I dont know where to start.. I dont really want to spend a lot of money I just want this pain to stop so I can carry on riding. After couple quick searches I managed to find a pair which look okay cheap though... http://nuovahealth.co.uk/shop/sports-insoles-2

Should I get a pair or they not going to help me? (Im looking at the price tag rather than anything else if i am going to be honest.. no way can I afford anything more than £20 with my wage).

ANy help would be super cheers!

Posted: Jan 10, 2015 at 11:47 Quote
try picking up some shoes with a stiffer flatter sole. I used to ride w/ cross trainers and depending on the pedals my feet would become fairly sore.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014041
Mobile Version of Website