2015 and up giant reign owners thread!

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
2015 and up giant reign owners thread!
Posted: May 1, 2015 at 0:07 Quote
Nope, unfortunately rebound fast or slow doesn't matter at all (had most of the air out for the video as well, but that doesn't matter either, noise is there either way).

Posted: May 1, 2015 at 0:08 Quote
Boozzz wrote:
Nope, unfortunately rebound fast or slow doesn't matter at all (had most of the air out for the video as well, but that doesn't matter either, noise is there either way).

Have you had the shop look at it?

Posted: May 1, 2015 at 0:11 Quote
Not yet, they're not very knowledgeable, so will probably just send it back to SRAM. Figured I might as well try something myself first.

Posted: May 1, 2015 at 4:38 Quote
Boozzz wrote:
Anyone else getting this noise from their Monarch? F'ing annoying! Freshly lubed the seals; wasn't the problem. Could too low IFP pressure cause this? (can't check this myself without getting a new shock pump, mine only goes to 300 psi and it needs 350)

just got mine it makes the same noise as that not sure what it is,mines at 300 psi,i noticed like a oily substance where the shock has traveled to

Posted: May 1, 2015 at 5:17 Quote
Boozzz wrote:
Anyone else getting this noise from their Monarch? F'ing annoying! Freshly lubed the seals; wasn't the problem. Could too low IFP pressure cause this? (can't check this myself without getting a new shock pump, mine only goes to 300 psi and it needs 350)

Mine use to make that exact noise. I took it back to my LBS and they stripped it down and re-lubed the seals. It's 95% better, there is a small noise now but I don't really notice it.

Posted: May 1, 2015 at 5:18 Quote
joshcowin wrote:
Boozzz wrote:

just got mine it makes the same noise as that not sure what it is,mines at 300 psi,i noticed like a oily substance where the shock has traveled to

I had the same problem, although maybe not quite so loud. A couple of days hard riding and the noise had gone.

Posted: May 1, 2015 at 6:25 Quote
Good to hear I'm not the only one. I just returned mine to the shop, they're sending it back to Sram. Hopefully it'll be less of a squeaky toy when I get it back.

O+
Posted: May 1, 2015 at 11:49 Quote
dennisbarrera wrote:
Does anybody know if a DB air will fit a 2015 reign?

The DB Air doesn't fit aluminum or carbon frame, linkage does hit bottom of the air can. I'm building a couple Reign 2s with DB Airs and machined a custom bottom mount that does solve the problem. One has been ridden a few times and is spectacular.

DB Air 2015 Giant Reign
  DB Air 2015 Giant Reign

DB Air 2015 Giant Reign
  DB Air 2015 Giant Reign

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 2:33 Quote
any shots of the mount? Very interested to see

O+
Posted: May 2, 2015 at 3:07 Quote
fstfrd15 wrote:
dennisbarrera wrote:
Does anybody know if a DB air will fit a 2015 reign?

The DB Air doesn't fit aluminum or carbon frame, linkage does hit bottom of the air can. I'm building a couple Reign 2s with DB Airs and machined a custom bottom mount that does solve the problem. One has been ridden a few times and is spectacular.

DB Air 2015 Giant Reign
  DB Air 2015 Giant Reign

DB Air 2015 Giant Reign
  DB Air 2015 Giant Reign

Wow looks good. I'm very interested in what the custom mounts look like? Also are you selling the custom db air mounts?

Posted: May 2, 2015 at 8:25 Quote
Boozzz wrote:

It has something to do with the aircan finishing tolerances inside (I think that the PUSH owner said it). Everything will work fine, except the sound.
Heard/seen that on older Monarchs (like from 2010 and newer). It's a small percent and you can try to warranty it but there are chances that it won't pass the RMA.

Maybe your LBS can try other bikes and if non of them do it - you can have a solid point in your warranty claim.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2015 at 9:40 Quote
Here's a pic of the mount on the DB Air. Yes will probably build some to sell just want to do some more testing first.
db air mount

Posted: May 3, 2015 at 13:15 Quote
Does it alter the shock position or anything?

O+
Posted: May 4, 2015 at 7:20 Quote
Yes it moves the bottom mount up and forward a bit to clear the link.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018663
Mobile Version of Website