Bruises vs wounds

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 8:31 Quote
Hi pinkbikers
Some time ago I had a small crash and got wounded in the exact same place that I had been before, which by the way was somewhere between the top of the basin bone and the side of the belly. So it was a wound on top of an older scar.
I know I maybe sound like a pussy but I feel even a small wound (like 7cm wide) is boring cause not only takes some time to heal (in my case it was like 2 weeks) but also afects your riding. More... as I live in a country where usually people go to the beach during summer I always have to take serious caution with my scars that are like new pinky skin and apply a shitload of suncreen on them... well it's boring and it concernes me.
I wonder how can I avoid this situation. I think buying a protection vest would help a lot but at the same time I ask if it would protect the area I mentioned before. Other doubt I have is if I ride with a specific MTB jersey (I usually wear a regular tshirt) the damage would be smaller and I would only have some bruises instead or it would be equal? Very confused

I hope you can help me.
Thanks Wink

Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 12:03 Quote
what the hell is "basin bone"?

anyway, I'd say yes, if you have an injury you want to protect it makes perfect sense to armor it up, but it depends on where it is and how difficult it is to protect. 661 makes padded undershirts and shorts to protect the core which might be more comfortable and practical than a flack jacket for trail riding.

Posted: Jan 22, 2015 at 13:08 Quote
haha. what I ment to say was pelvic bone
Believe me, when I realised what I have written I laughed so hard to myself... lol
Thank you, your answer helped but that was not exactly my question, I will try with a different aproach: I was asking if i wear a MTB specific jersey or a padded undershirt as you said, it will reduce the wounds that you get when you scrape (pls tell me if Im not using the correct word) your body on the dirt. I was also asking if I use a vest (like this http://sixsixone.com/catalog/product/view/id/8245/s/repeater-core-saver/category/271/ ) it will protect the part marked as blue in the image?
I hope you can answer me

nothing interesting. just for the forum

brianl wrote:
what the hell is "basin bone"?

anyway, I'd say yes, if you have an injury you want to protect it makes perfect sense to armor it up, but it depends on where it is and how difficult it is to protect. 661 makes padded undershirts and shorts to protect the core which might be more comfortable and practical than a flack jacket for trail riding.

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 12:02 Quote
You mean protecting the bruised area from scrapes or bruising?
That spot is difficult, because you bend and rotate at the waist, so it's hard to protect without pinching etc. The vest you showed should help, because of the wide belt that holds the spine protector - might be a bit restrictive for trail riding though. I've used a long-sleeve version for resort DH riding.

If your injury is below the waistline, padded shorts may help:
http://sixsixone.com/bike/first-layer-bike-2/short

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.143844
Mobile Version of Website