Thinking about getting a dirt bike... help please

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Thinking about getting a dirt bike... help please
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 28, 2015 at 16:07 Quote
hey guys, so I've been thinking about getting a dirt bike for some time now, and i think I'm going to pull the trigger on it. however, i have never owned one. ive ridden 4wheelers and obviously mountain bikes. soon where do i start?
I'm going to be buying used for my first bike
what would you guys recommend? I'm 22 and 5'11 180lbs. I'm not looking at racing MX, just wanting to ride trails with friends.
being my first bike, I'm not looking for something too powerful or big. something i can handle and get the hang of.
any help is appreciated! thanks guys.

Posted: Feb 12, 2015 at 16:14 Quote
Honda 250R would be a perfect first bike. Or pretty much any major brand (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki) 4 stroke 250. Easy to handle and enough power. Once you get the hang of it, check out a 450 if you want more power.

Not sure where you live, but here in Cali you have a have a plated (license plate) bike to ride on quite a few OHV dirt roads, so if you wanted to trail ride, I would look for specific plated bikes, like a KTM 350 EXC. Most other states, I think it's easier to plate regular bikes because there aren't really any emissions standards.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008802
Mobile Version of Website