Hollyday in Bikepark Whistler

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Hollyday in Bikepark Whistler
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 4, 2015 at 3:50 Quote
Hello,
my name is suey and I would like to travel with my boyfriend in summerholliday´s to the whistler bike park.
It´s a real big dream of us and we´re so exited to see the trails in real life who we now just could see in the tv.

Now, my question: do anybody where we could find a nice place for sleeping there and leave our stuff?
We don´t like those big and expensive hotels fare fare away from the bike park.
I thought perhaps you have a nice tip for overnight?

We also would be happy about some other tip´s what we had to know before or during the travel.

thank´s a lot!!!

O+
Posted: Feb 9, 2015 at 19:56 Quote
enjoytheride-ks wrote:
Hello,
my name is suey and I would like to travel with my boyfriend in summerholliday´s to the whistler bike park.
It´s a real big dream of us and we´re so exited to see the trails in real life who we now just could see in the tv.

Now, my question: do anybody where we could find a nice place for sleeping there and leave our stuff?
We don´t like those big and expensive hotels fare fare away from the bike park.
I thought perhaps you have a nice tip for overnight?

We also would be happy about some other tip´s what we had to know before or during the travel.

thank´s a lot!!!

Most hotels are within a short (5 min) ride from the Bike Park and the valley's trail network. There's a hostel for a slightly cheaper stay http://www.alpinelodge.com/ (outside the village but still within biking distance to the bike park). There's also a campground if you have tents and a vehicle but you may not be able to leave a bunch of stuff there and have it secure. There's cheaper (and even free) camping outside of town but a vehicle is a must.

As for other tips, if you're looking to get the most value from your biking experience, I suggest hiring a guide. There's a trail map but it's hard to know what's great and what isn't. There are over 50 trails in the park and at least as many throughout the valley which are well worth checking out (plus they're free!)

The bike park destroys bikes. If you have DH bikes, be ready to drop some coin for maintenance and/or broken parts. If you have shiny new all mountain/enduro bikes, I'd suggest considering renting DH bikes for the park and use your own bikes for the valley. Or just leave them home altogether. Renting is approx $100 per day, per bike.

Another thing to consider is timing. If you're looking to get the most from the bike park, the alpine is often not accessible until July and gets better in August-September. Although we've had a total shit year for snow so far so that may be different this summer.

Enjoy Whislter - good times guaranteed.

Posted: Feb 16, 2015 at 19:26 Quote
couple of things....how long are you staying? You need atleast 3 days to ride the bike park and 3 more to try the local XC trails. You can rent places for the week and its the best if you need to store your stuff and bikes securely. All the hotels have bike storage. You could try Airb&b to vrbo.com to see whats available. When are you coming? Crankworx is in August and Whistler is a bit busy so I'd suggest right after that - alpine is open (Top of the world) is a must. All the locals are great and willing to help. Maybe I'll be up there too and can show you around..

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007233
Mobile Version of Website