blk mrkt three57

PB Forum :: Other
blk mrkt three57
Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 20:55 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
You are not going to bottom out a 3 inch fork. Mitch Chubey has a 2 inch Gold Label and he does insane stuff....

Plus it's not like a 3" fork is easier to bottom then a 8" fork. A lower travel fork just ramps up faster.

How tall are you? A 26" bike might feel comfortable but for the average 10 year old it would be better off to be riding on a 24" bike. Something like a stuff 2-4 sounds likw it would be perfect for you, it's much higher quality then the 24" bikes you said you've owned.

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 22:18 Quote
[Quote="s-t-e-v-e"]
ilikemybike011 wrote:

How tall are you? A 26" bike might feel comfortable but for the average 10 year old it would be better off to be riding on a 24" bike. Something like a stuff 2-4 sounds likw it would be perfect for you, it's much higher quality then the 24" bikes you said you've owned.

i agree. a 24" bike, would be great and kona does make some, although aluminum, throw some steel bars, maybe even a steel rigid fork, who knows but itll soften er up a little thats are pretty stiff, which is also good and really light

lots of potential. I can see that blkmrkt bike MAYBE being a little to much for ya.

give this a shot eh?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/images/products/Xtra/12362.jpg

[/personal opinion]

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 22:27 Quote
[Quote="StandUp"]
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
ilikemybike011 wrote:

i agree. a 24" bike, would be great and kona does make some, although aluminum, throw some steel bars, maybe even a steel rigid fork, who knows but itll soften er up a little thats are pretty stiff, which is also good and really light

lots of potential. I can see that blkmrkt bike MAYBE being a little to much for ya.

give this a shot eh?

[/personal opinion]
yeah. my friend whos about your age is gettin one of these. its pretty dope for a tiny bike.tup

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 22:49 Quote
kona stinky 2-4. even better!tup
http://www.konaworld.com/08_stinky24_w.htm
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.konaworld.com/bikes/2k8/images/625/2K8_STINKY-24.jpg

Posted: Jan 19, 2008 at 22:57 Quote
For your size and age, I would definetly reccomend a smaller and a more beginner oriented bike.

To answer your question though, if you bought this bike you would have no problem bottoming out the fork, the fork can definetly handle your weight, even if you tried your hardest to bottom it out I don't think you could.

Chom,

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 9:15 Quote
iok guys...i get wat ur saying...but konas are about 1000$...i can get a intermideate blk mrkt three57 for 450$ brand new... and i really hate gears. i want to do dj...without having to wrry about the gears

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 10:21 Quote
l4dd3rdr0p wrote:
iok guys...i get wat ur saying...but konas are about 1000$...i can get a intermideate blk mrkt three57 for 450$ brand new... and i really hate gears. i want to do dj...without having to wrry about the gears

$450 brand new? I highly doubt that. Where are you getting it so cheap?

Chom,

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 10:24 Quote
$450? hah... maybe the frame

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 11:27 Quote
l4dd3rdr0p wrote:

What do you mean by "intermediate" blck mrkt? I'm pretty sure they don't come in kids sizes. If you can actualy get the bike for that cheap then go for it, but keep in mind it will be very big for you.

ps. try not to type like you're on msn, it's really annoying to read.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 11:52 Quote
The Black Market .357 retails for $999.99, so I highly doubt you will get it for 450.

Chom,

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 16:24 Quote
i really think to gor for the kona 24" bike, if you came to the shop I work at I would say the same thing. 24" there may be other bikes that come in a 24" variation but you could always depending on the rear hub hook it up singlespeed for cheap. or eventually. but either way Im thinking that a small bike, will be the right bike. stability over all and really dominating the bike are important for aggressive riding like that.

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
my cousin is tight with blk mrkt...hes getting a deal on one...and hes getting the smallest frame too....and yes they have a beginner ibke intermidiate bike and the pro bike...

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
and it is the whole bike not just a frame

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 21:58 Quote
l4dd3rdr0p wrote:
my cousin is tight with blk mrkt...hes getting a deal on one...and hes getting the smallest frame too....and yes they have a beginner ibke intermidiate bike and the pro bike...

I think you are wrong on that one. Black Market makes three bikes, Riot, Mob, and the .357, and my understanding is that they are all the same, except the Mob is made in USA, and the Riot is made in China. All three bikes have the exact same geomatry, so there is no beginner, intermediate and expert bike, because they are the all the same.

Chom,

Posted: Jan 20, 2008 at 22:07 Quote
chomers wrote:
l4dd3rdr0p wrote:

I think you are wrong on that one. Black Market makes three bikes, Riot, Mob, and the .357, and my understanding is that they are all the same, except the Mob is made in USA, and the Riot is made in China. All three bikes have the exact same geomatry, so there is no beginner, intermediate and expert bike, because they are the all the same.

Chom,
i believe he is right
the 357 is the entry level bike
the only differences are the parts the put on them

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029401
Mobile Version of Website