The thread for people 18 and under

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The thread for people 18 and under
O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 16:58 Quote
Aidancutting wrote:
The guy that doesn't crash is gonna make it down the hill faster? Every race where I have pushed it to hard and crashed I've placed bad so id rather ride more in control and not crash
this ^
practice at 100% speed, race at 95%. race runs arent the time to be pushing yourself

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 17:09 Quote
You can still be riding really hard and not crash but it's a risk vs reward thing because when I first started racing I would always crash because I can't ride 100% all the way down. Best for me anyways is to pick and choose spots were you really wanna push it and in other places be a little more conservative

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 17:11 Quote
Also if you were racing cat 3 you probably could have had a really conservative run and still did well. most people in the cat are not too pinned..

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 17:23 Quote
Aidancutting wrote:
You can still be riding really hard and not crash but it's a risk vs reward thing because when I first started racing I would always crash because I can't ride 100% all the way down. Best for me anyways is to pick and choose spots were you really wanna push it and in other places be a little more conservative

Exactly. There's a reason why Minaar has won so many races and Bulldog or Brannigan haven't. Pushing 100% can pay off occasionally, but you won't be consistent. That's part of what made Sam Hill so amazing.

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 17:39 Quote
Sort of like Bruni, he's all or nothing, which can cause him to crash when he's up 3 seconds at the split or win the race. It's really a risky thing to do in the race, but sometimes it's worth

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 18:30 Quote
being injured, off the bike for a while is the most counter-productive thing for improving. After coming back from a broken bone 30mph suddenly feels like 60.

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 21:14 Quote
ethan991 wrote:
Aidancutting wrote:

Exactly. There's a reason why Minaar has won so many races and Bulldog or Brannigan haven't. Pushing 100% can pay off occasionally, but you won't be consistent. That's part of what made Sam Hill so amazing.

Exactly like Brannigan. Up at the first split at a lot of the races then he f*cking eats half the berm

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 21:34 Quote
I haven't raced at all this season but for the sake of strava here are some tips.
1: Don't wind it out on the pedal up/to the trailhead
2: Practice different lines, patch a fast, not necessarily fun one together.
3: Pin that line at 90%. Check strava. If you set a pr or were within 5-10 seconds of the time you are aiming for, continue onwards. Otherwise start again.
4: Practice that line at 100% and see how fast you can push yourself through rocks and roots, and how hard you can hit the jumps sideways. Remember this is a race, not a jam session.
5: Go for speed in the straights. I hit 40 in the drag stretch on a loc trail. just get off the brakes and pedal. Nothing looks sicker to photog's eye than a massive ripping cloud behind you. @leafypics
6: More wins. -Stepbrothers

O+
Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 21:53 Quote
siderealwall2 wrote:
I haven't raced at all this season but for the sake of strava here are some tips.
1: Don't wind it out on the pedal up/to the trailhead
2: Practice different lines, patch a fast, not necessarily fun one together.
3: Pin that line at 90%. Check strava. If you set a pr or were within 5-10 seconds of the time you are aiming for, continue onwards. Otherwise start again.
4: Practice that line at 100% and see how fast you can push yourself through rocks and roots, and how hard you can hit the jumps sideways. Remember this is a race, not a jam session.
5: Go for speed in the straights. I hit 40 in the drag stretch on a loc trail. just get off the brakes and pedal. Nothing looks sicker to photog's eye than a massive ripping cloud behind you. @leafypics
6: More wins. -Stepbrothers
but your still slow Eek

i kid

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 21:53 Quote
Got Kom on a trail after 6 times of doing the trail, checking Strava, and then hiking back up. About 4 of those were one second off. Rip my legs that day

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 2:49 Quote
Redbull Foxhunt sign on opens in 10 mins if anyones thinking of doing it... http://www.redbull.com/ie/en/bike/events/1331810276578/red-bull-foxhunt-2016

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 3:23 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
Redbull Foxhunt sign on opens in 10 mins if anyones thinking of doing it... http://www.redbull.com/ie/en/bike/events/1331810276578/red-bull-foxhunt-2016
I dont think anyone else in here is from Ireland though lol

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 4:00 Quote
duckcrisps wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:

I'd love to go but it's to far and atm I don't have an appropriate bike! Maybe next year but j would have to make a holiday of it I think

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 4:59 Quote
duckcrisps wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
Ah it's basically in England if you think about it

Posted: Aug 23, 2016 at 5:33 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
duckcrisps wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
Ah it's basically in England if you think about it
You guys are lucky over in Europe when it comes to travel. Drive 1-2 hours and your in a different country. Here it takes 1-2 hours just to get through customs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011621
Mobile Version of Website