What is a good fork for DJ?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
What is a good fork for DJ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2015 at 10:50 Quote
I'm looking for a DJ fork. I don't want to spend a ton of money but I want something decent. I was wondering if the Manitou Circus Sport is any good? Or what is another fork is that is good for the price. I am not going off of anything too big, 5ft takeoffs tops. I weigh 145 lbs. and I am about 5' 10" if that helps. Thanks.

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 8:24 Quote
SKIGAN14 wrote:
I'm looking for a DJ fork. I don't want to spend a ton of money but I want something decent. I was wondering if the Manitou Circus Sport is any good? Or what is another fork is that is good for the price. I am not going off of anything too big, 5ft takeoffs tops. I weigh 145 lbs. and I am about 5' 10" if that helps. Thanks.

The Circus fork does have a good reputation. The Circus normally has two versions: the "Comp" and the "Expert." I think the "Sport" might be a version that they put on certain complete bikes....

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 9:09 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
SKIGAN14 wrote:

The Circus fork does have a good reputation. The Circus normally has two versions: the "Comp" and the "Expert." I think the "Sport" might be a version that they put on certain complete bikes....

So how does the comp version compare to the expert? I'm assuming just weight difference.

Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 9:26 Quote
The Expert has air adjust. The Comp and Sport are coil.

http://www.manitoumtb.com/products/forks/circus/

I have an older Manitou fork--the Gold Label, and it was coil. Feels great riding pump track and dirt jumps, but is less versatile as far as riding other kinds of trails.

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2015 at 10:42 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
The Expert has air adjust. The Comp and Sport are coil.

http://www.manitoumtb.com/products/forks/circus/

I have an older Manitou fork--the Gold Label, and it was coil. Feels great riding pump track and dirt jumps, but is less versatile as far as riding other kinds of trails.

Ok thanks!

Posted: Mar 7, 2015 at 20:00 Quote
I just bought a yt first love with the circus sport on it. It works great. I've been riding skate park and dirt jumps with it. I'll sell it to ya.

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2015 at 6:06 Quote
Dirk77 wrote:
I just bought a yt first love with the circus sport on it. It works great. I've been riding skate park and dirt jumps with it. I'll sell it to ya.

What would your price be? I might be interested.

Posted: Mar 8, 2015 at 14:26 Quote
Depending on your price range.
Marocchi:
Dj1
Dj2
Dj3
Bombers

Fox make good forks and you can get one for a good price on here. Got my 2012 831 for just under 400 on here for my build.
Float 32 is a good fork once you lower it to 100mm, i have one on my slopestyle and its great.
Float 32 831 is the best fork in the buisness and can be picked up for the right price.

Rockshox make the argyle. The argyle rct is hands down an awesome fork, rode one for the whole season last year and loved it. Then theres the rc, and the R. Older models are the 302, 318 and 409. If you can find any of those for a good price youll be really satisfied.

X fusion i believe makes a decent fork. Heard good reviews on it. I think the vengance.

Then theres manitou circus which are decent forks. My buddy has the comp, or whatever comes stock on the p26 am and hes happy with it.

Its all what your looking to spend. 100-350 used, marzocchi. 350-700 used rock shox, fox, manitou 700+ new your looking at fox or rockshox are you best bet. Hope this helped.

Posted: Mar 11, 2015 at 17:55 Quote
I have 2 Sports, 1 Comp and an older Gold Label. I like the Gold Label the best but they all are good forks.
Rob

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010580
Mobile Version of Website