2012 Enduro rear coil shock question.

PB Forum :: Specialized
2012 Enduro rear coil shock question.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 26, 2015 at 23:10 Quote
I have a 2012 Enduro comp and want to run a coil rear shock. I know it's an odd size shock. I am looking for a shock and would like info on the different brands that are this size and any experience people have with them. Part numbers would also be helpful so I can look them up and for a possible order. Thanks for any help. Scott.

Posted: Mar 25, 2015 at 8:16 Quote
hi
If this is still relevant for you
- the shock that the enduro is using is standard 8.5 x 2.5 or 216mm x 64mm shock that is reduce is travel with some spacer to 2.125 or 54mm
- you have few options:
1. buy a coil shock with the above size, machine the notches in it, just like on the fox air shock you have, and place a 9mm spacer behind the bottom out bumper (note that you can google for this procedure). I try this route, and I can tell you that it is very hard to make it really work without ending with a damage shock due to the fact that its required to machine the notches very precisely (down to the 0.1 of mm and and the center).
2. buy the evo link from here http://www.hibike.com/shop/product/p48f6bac9f2eb3dc446a00a7336d5cb8c/Specialized-Extension-fuer-EVO-Umbau-Bj-2010-2012.html
note that they would only work with fox RC4 or RC2 shock (maybe others but they were made only for those). you would then need to have a spacer of about 6mm to place behind the bottom out bumper as well (note that this link reduces the shock travel by 3mm already). you would need to machine the sprint stop to accept this link (as this link would not fit a standard stopper from fox) but this is very easy to do and do not require and to be precise. also this would hold the shock better than option one with is critical.
I have to say that this is the best upgrade you can do to your bike - the standard fox air shock really kills it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008212
Mobile Version of Website