Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 2:41 Quote
Shred it's time to Sober up put down the bong and come back and actually read your posts in a few days and really see how crazy you sound!

I think I have been very clear with what I like in a trail XB.
There is nothing crazy about it.
That's why I and a few others are putting up our own free time and money to do something different.
It's slow going and a lot of work with very little support from the ride community but I don't care.
The road up is shuttle or pedal friendly if someone is game.
As I have stated before I could give 2 sh*ts how someone gets to the trailhead as long as they are not a Strava douchebag about it. (See punch in the fanny pack)
I'm not a 26 for life DH shuttle bitch bitching online.
Hardtail, 26, 27.5 and 29er are all welcome.
However I'm doing everything I can to make sure it's DH friendly all the way down with no unnecessary uphills so you don't have to pedal those big wheel bikes up.
I may not eliminate every single uphill but I'll guarantee I will die trying.
Unnecessary uphills on the right DH terrain is just poor planning, poor execution or laziness.
I will have none of it.
We shall build it and they will come.
Or, none will come.
I could care less.
I'll pedal mash all the way up the FSR and grin all the way down the trail knowing I tried to do something different for the the ride community.

I don't just talk/type, I back up what I say I'm going to do.

PS- What's posted up on here is only a small piece of the larger picture.
I've had this conversation with you personally XB so you should know what I'm talking about you troll.

PPS- As far as Hammered Cow.
That's a NOCS ride I can get behind.
I helped clean it up on the NOCS trail day.
Now I'm going to shred it before I'm dead.

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 6:54 Quote
Go pro of my ride this morning

O+
Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 21:24 Quote
I made a decision that even would make XB shed a tear. I sold my Rocky Mountain and got off a 29er at the same time. Promptly with a fresh fist full of cash I got my grubby hands on a Giant Trance 27.5. So in love with it after I added a few pimped parts to it like my Chris King headset and race face bar.

Now I can enduro Smile

photo

Posted: Jul 30, 2014 at 22:08 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
I made a decision that even would make XB shed a tear. I sold my Rocky Mountain and got off a 29er at the same time. Promptly with a fresh fist full of cash I got my grubby hands on a Giant Trance 27.5. So in love with it after I added a few pimped parts to it like my Chris King headset and race face bar.

Now I can enduro Smile

photo

NICE JOB!!!!! No more hard tail Now you can come play with the big boys... Congrads.

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 8:59 Quote
Very nice krow
You shall like it.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 11:08 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Very nice krow
You shall like it.

I"m itching to get it dirty, but have to wait till Sunday afternoon, unless I sneak a dusk ride in tonight. I'm super stoked on it. Made a few upgrades. I bought low end, trance 4. upgraded to sram x9 10sod drivetrain, thomson stem, race face bar, dropper post. I'm super stoked on this bike. I've always wanted to own a Trance, and now I do. Smile

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 11:14 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:

Now I can enduro Smile

photo

Nice job welcome to man-hood. You could not have chose a nicer bike:

Posted: Jul 31, 2014 at 14:56 Quote
This is the original song XB wanted to use for the Deez Nutz video, this ones for Freeride Scotty.

Cookie Monster on the Mic

Views: 75    Faves: 0    Comments: 1

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 6:24 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
This is the original song XB wanted to use for the Deez Nutz video, this ones for Freeride Scotty.

Cookie Monster on the Mic

Views: 75    Faves: 0    Comments: 1

I appreciate yout important first pitstop. COOFFFFEEE!!!!

O+
Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 9:56 Quote
So first impression of my trance. Inspiring! It goes from 0 to HOLY CRAP fast. What a epic bike. Far more playful and capable. Did a simple 6km loop at ellison last night and I'm in love! Only complaint, the tires. YUCK! Schwalbe rapid rons. They break away too easily and dont grip on climbs. I can even deal with the entry level shimano brakes they stop the bike for the most part. But those tires gotta go. Now to find a reasonable replacement. Been riding spec ground control front, maxxis crossmark rear on my 29er. Might find a combo like that, but thinking a more aggressive rear could be wise.... thoughts on ardents?

Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 10:26 Quote
I'm a Maxxis guy for sure.
I've heard good things about Ardents but haven't ran them.
I have HR2's on the Dixon right now which are great for mud but not fantastic in the dust.
Going to try Ardents or Minions once I wear them out.
It will depend on what side wall compound is available.
I sacrifice some weight for something I won't cut down.

Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 15:16 Quote
Ardents are a nice consistent tire. They do let loose under hard cornering (small knobs) but they let go in a predictable way. They may be the ticket for you Krow, I think of them as an aggressive XC tire. Thinking about going to HRs or a mix of HR rear Minion front when I wear mine down.

Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 15:44 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
So first impression of my trance. Inspiring! It goes from 0 to HOLY CRAP fast. What a epic bike. Far more playful and capable. Did a simple 6km loop at ellison last night and I'm in love! Only complaint, the tires. YUCK! Schwalbe rapid rons. They break away too easily and dont grip on climbs. I can even deal with the entry level shimano brakes they stop the bike for the most part. But those tires gotta go. Now to find a reasonable replacement. Been riding spec ground control front, maxxis crossmark rear on my 29er. Might find a combo like that, but thinking a more aggressive rear could be wise.... thoughts on ardents?

Sounds like your on the right track...

On XB's Santa Creek xc bike he runs:

- REARMaxxis Cross Mark 2.25" x 26" LUST tubeless with a Maxxis Welterweight tube

-front Maxxis HR2 exo 3c soft compound 2.4" x 26" with an Maxxis ultralight tube.

This setup is good traction and flat free for xb.

32 psi rear, 28 psi front .... Rolls fast

Rear hr2 if conditions muddy, but kills climbing rolling resistance.

Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 16:01 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:

I am running these

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/Schwalbe-Hans-Damph-AM-Trail-Tire-tested-2011.html

>this might be an older article

So far so good. They seem lighter than the maxis, So far haven't found to much that they wont handle. I have been impressed by them. I am also running them tubeless.

Posted: Aug 1, 2014 at 16:12 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:
So first impression of my trance. Inspiring! It goes from 0 to HOLY CRAP fast. What a epic bike. Far more playful and capable. Did a simple 6km loop at ellison last night and I'm in love! Only complaint, the tires. YUCK! Schwalbe rapid rons. They break away too easily and dont grip on climbs. I can even deal with the entry level shimano brakes th

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/Schwalbe-Hans-Damph-AM-Trail-Tire-tested-2011.html

>this might be an older article

So far so good. They seem lighter than the maxis, So far haven't found to much that they wont handle. I have been impressed by them. I am also running them tubeless.

Those Damphff tires are pretty sweet looking. Looks like a good option

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017983
Mobile Version of Website