Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 20:45 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
This one is for VJ.
Death to Enduro! lol

Views: 58,832    Faves: 758    Comments: 147

A bit too much slow mo, but added props for local shredding and double extra points for the Misfits and Pantera t-shirts and BLS sound track. \../ Evil \../

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 21:16 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
working on craiglist ad now... how does this sound..

lonely biker looking for date to the end of the year metal bash. must be a qt3.14 and at least a 8/10... if your a 7 dont worry using terms like enduro is for pussies and f*ck that shitty single crown will bring you up at least a point. downhiller preferred but I can teach you the lingo... braaap.

i am married but wife doesnt know how to rock anymore. also expect an early night as 10:30 is about my limit... rock on.

Hi VJ!
I'm metal Mulva.
I always ready to throw up the horns and bang heads together... cough... I mean head bang.
I like long walks on the beach, kenwa salad and monster trucks.
I'm not sure but I think I'm a solid 7...6...5...4?
If your willing to give a guy... cough... girl a chance I can be very greatful.
Call me and maybe we can make sweet music together.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://genderspanner.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/snapshot6.jpg

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 21:39 Quote
So...anyway.
Not metal but I was listening to some Cream today.
R.I.P Jack.

Posted: Oct 28, 2014 at 22:09 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
working on craiglist ad now... how does this sound..

lonely biker looking for date to the end of the year metal bash. must be a qt3.14 and at least a 8/10... if your a 7 dont worry using terms like enduro is for pussies and f*ck that shitty single crown will bring you up at least a point. downhiller preferred but I can teach you the lingo... braaap.

i am married but wife doesnt know how to rock anymore. also expect an early night as 10:30 is about my limit... rock on.

Hi VJ!
I'm metal Mulva.
I always ready to throw up the horns and bang heads together... cough... I mean head bang.
I like long walks on the beach, kenwa salad and monster trucks.
I'm not sure but I think I'm a solid 7...6...5...4?
If your willing to give a guy... cough... girl a chance I can be very greatful.
Call me and maybe we can make sweet music together.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://genderspanner.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/snapshot6.jpg

im thinking...

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 8:39 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
So...anyway.
Not metal but I was listening to some Cream today.
R.I.P Jack.

I love seeing old foggies getting day passes from the Quack Bin to perform shows like this. Go Elderly! I like the medicated, old denture, 75 year old faded vocals.

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 11:51 Quote
Whatever Drop xB Metal only.
They were one of the best three member power trios of the day.
They will not be forgotten.
It can't be all sweeps and double kick drums all of the time son.
Sometimes you have to feel the blues, jazz, funk, country and soul influence.

Other threes of note:
Jimi Hendrix Experience.
Rush
Primus
Wolfmother
Green Day
Motorhead
Nirvana
ZZ Top
The Police

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 12:10 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

Other threes of note:
Jimi Hendrix Experience.
Rush
Primus
Wolfmother
Green Day
Motorhead
Nirvana
ZZ Top
The Police

Why does this always turn into the Music Thread that everyone hates... XB was just trying to promote a NOCS fundraiser coming up.. Thanks for thrasing NOCS's music choices, and trying to sway potential customers to other terrible music. If this fundraiser runs at a loss, its on your back Shred.

And... speaking of more than double kicks; true, but you know there is more than riding dh. Shred you really need to get a motor bike, because you are in complete denial that you ride a pedal bike and see no enjoyment in the fact that it is a human powered machine. DH is for lazy hacks. Get your up hil on.

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 12:12 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

Other threes of note:
Jimi Hendrix Experience.
Rush
Primus
Wolfmother
Green Day
Motorhead
Nirvana
ZZ Top
The Police

Why does this always turn into the Music Thread that everyone hates... XB was just trying to promote a NOCS fundraiser coming up.. Thanks for thrasing NOCS's music choices, and trying to sway potential customers to other terrible music. If this fundraiser runs at a loss, its on your back Shred.

And... speaking of more than double kicks; true, but you know there is more than riding dh. Shred you really need to get a motor bike, because you are in complete denial that you ride a pedal bike and see no enjoyment in the fact that it is a human powered machine. DH is for lazy hacks. Get your up hil on.

haha. f*cking shred... no class. im at least trying to find more customers even if it is a hooker,

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 12:14 Quote
changed my mind on this post.

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 at 13:41 Quote
I pedal/walked up Stone Free a little while back XB.
I has little pedal up bike.
Just haven't used it much this year.
To busy.

Promo is good XB.
All the people who need to know are in the know.

VJ,
I has class.
I drank a beer with my pinky out once.

Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 11:24 Quote
Danny Hart off the Giant DH team for 2015.
Makes sense, with the new 27.5 Glory, Danny couldn't reach the ground with his feet.

Posted: Oct 30, 2014 at 19:41 Quote
dnisk wrote:
Danny Hart off the Giant DH team for 2015.
Makes sense, with the new 27.5 Glory, Danny couldn't reach the ground with his feet.

They asked me to join the team.
I told them I'm to old a tired to race. Wink

photo

Posted: Nov 1, 2014 at 12:03 Quote
This trail berm roost shot has gone too far...

Although possibly just a farce, pinkbikes latest news story is teaching kids straight up how to destroy volunteer built trails. https://www.pinkbike.com/news/how-to-get-a-shredding-turn-photo-2014.html
Like XB said, he's sure this is all a gag and is not meant to take seriously but trails are getting thrashed at the hands of "up-and-coming " local bro sponsored shredders and a handful of irresponsible videographers and photographers.
With 3/4 + of all of the Okanagan's trail work being done by volunteer effort, trail builders are getting ticked off and quite unfortunately stopping their efforts of maintaining trail due to some of these circumstances. Local bike organizations can only manage and build so much trail in a year, with still the majority of work being done by volunteers on their own accord on their personal time, along with in conjunction with efforts from the club.

Something to think about next time you are thrashing someones creation and hard work. Volunteers spend countless hours going back maintaining and keeping all these trails open. If these volunteers would stop doing such work the local bike clubs would be faced with possibly paying for such work to be done and that is less funds that can be put towards new trails and bike related projects for the future.

Roosting berms/ corners and scrubbing off lips of features look great in bike parks, but it gets complicated when this trail destructon is done in remote trail areas which take a lot of effort/time to get back to and repair and maintain.

Our riding area is a very maintenance high area of trail to maintain with the quite thick growing underbrush and multiple different types of soil in which some erode that very quickly. Combine this with large shoulder seasons of precipitation and snow melting which is a perfect environment for rotting wood very fast. Any more maintenance / trail destruction put on top of this is a heavy burden on the system.

Please contribute to local trail building efforts through your local bike club and spread awareness of preservation of the trails. With newly adopted trail building techniques taught through IMBA / NSMBA / Whistler Trail Building Codes; trails going forward will surely be built more sustainable and "bomb proof" in the future, but we may as well preserve the more delicate trails in existence out there.

Efforts to spread images / moving images of MTB'ing through pictures videos are great and fun to look at and they all mean well, but that market is super over saturated and easy to get into and fairly easy to carry out. Volunteer trail builders are very limited in number in our area, and it is a very difficult activity to carry out, so we should respect their efforts, help where we can and try not to piss them off out of their roles. Most of the people carrying out this work do the majority of their work unknown to the public, receive no compensation, and seek no gratitude or thanks... Most do out of love for the sport and volunteer in a much needed spot to fill to keep trails open. Please support your local trail builder and local Trail Society's efforts.

Xtreme Builder

O+
Posted: Nov 3, 2014 at 17:44 Quote
OK, looks like no one wants to argue with that!
Having spent a few hrs with a pulaski in hand, it does drive me nuts when riders straighten out lines in search of their latest KOM. I always thought corners were the fun part & where the skill came in.
On a lighter note seeing as Shred had mentioned Hendrix, that old dude on the bike & I are probably the only ones here to have actually seen him in concert.
Vancouver '68, Hendrix too stoned to function, but Vanilla Fudge stole the show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFabNBveHOk

Shit I'm old.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029768
Mobile Version of Website