Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 22:33 Quote
does that mean saying no to you going up hills?

Nope, up is a necessary evil sometimes.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 6:45 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:

uphill is good. builds character, strengthens lungs, brings joy knowing that you've earned the down. Truthfully I know you'd destroy me on the ups. I've gotten slower.

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 8:10 Quote
Uphill is not good.
People just say they like it to justify doing it.
Downhill is where the smiles happen.
Who needs more character?
I have enough charisma, charm, compassion, opinions and a sense of humour already.
Don't need more.
And there is no joy knowing you earned the down.
The joy is knowing you put in a hard days work and earned cash.
All lies! Wink

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 8:26 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:

uphill is good. builds character, strengthens lungs, brings joy knowing that you've earned the down. Truthfully I know you'd destroy me on the ups. I've gotten slower.

It seems like all my DH peeps are moving this year. I just realised that I may have to be an enduro guy this year... It just dawned on me what happens when you have no friends anymore... ENduro

Posted: Mar 28, 2015 at 8:23 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Uphill is not good.
People just say they like it to justify doing it.
Downhill is where the smiles happen.
Who needs more character?
I have enough charisma, charm, compassion, opinions and a sense of humour already.
Don't need more.
And there is no joy knowing you earned the down.
The joy is knowing you put in a hard days work and earned cash.
All lies! Wink

Come train homie, give me 45 days of your time, you'll be loving the climbs.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2015 at 23:53 Quote
it was windy af at the ranch a couple days ago, wouldn't recommend if you plan on getting off the ground

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 16:41 Quote
There is a lot of trails you will never get to ride if you aren't able to ride your bike up the hill.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 18:37 Quote
messmyth wrote:
There is a lot of trails you will never get to ride if you aren't able to ride your bike up the hill.

Wink
^ This means don't believe everything you read.
I pedal up quite a bit when I'm not busy doing other things.
However I will never love, enjoy or take pride in it.
Its just necessary to get to the good stuff.

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 7:02 Quote
i should mention i took a drive up to king ed. still quite a bit of snow on the road but melting quickly. i would say if the weather hold the road will be good by the end of next weekend.

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 9:01 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
i should mention i took a drive up to king ed. still quite a bit of snow on the road after the 9.5 turnoff but melting quickly. i would say if the weather hold the road will be good by the end of next weekend.

Hang glider launch is looking clearer each day.
As soon as that road is passable it will be time for a trip down with the NOCS pack saw.

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 21:13 Quote
Sold off my DH bike, and handed down my Reign, in hopes of finding the 'Do-It-All' bike. Looking for your input. I do a lot of climbing, but thrive for the downs. Would like to see it capable of a couple Star days if need be. Coming off of a Wilson & Reign.

Thanks!

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 21:47 Quote
jaysinpg wrote:
Sold off my DH bike, and handed down my Reign, in hopes of finding the 'Do-It-All' bike. Looking for your input. I do a lot of climbing, but thrive for the downs. Would like to see it capable of a couple Star days if need be. Coming off of a Wilson & Reign.

Thanks!

Go for the big wheels! Wink

Niner WFO (well, maybe not the best climber)
Evil The Following (slack, big-wheeled trail missile if it stays in 1 piece)
SC Tallboy LTc (I know, I'm biased)
Transition Smuggler (like the Evil - new school 29er)

I could keep going, but I get the feeling I'm the only 29er rider on this thread ...

Posted: Mar 31, 2015 at 22:23 Quote
jaysinpg wrote:

Thanks!

I just came across this today. I really dont know the bike or who is riding it but it looks like it is handling the park like a champ
\

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 7:11 Quote
Go for a Rocky Mountain Altitude. This is a one quiver bike, does everything very well.

Posted: Apr 1, 2015 at 8:38 Quote
If your all about gravity and don't mind a little more work going up on an all day ride look at a Nomad, new Regin, Tracer 27.5, Devinci Spartan, Transition Patrol or Banshee Rune.
Closer feel to DH bikes when you sit on them IMO.
That said I have not been on a Patrol or Rune.
Just goning off of what people have said about those two and the geometry.
They would all handle the park decently.
However my experience is the park rattles the hell out of AM/Enduro bikes over time so keep that in mind.

If your thinking all rounnder and not too much park.
Look at Ibis HD3, Pivot Mach 6, SC Bronson, RM Altitude, Trek Slash, Spec Enduro or Banshee Spitfire.

Lots of really good rides to chose from.
Good luck picking just one.

Ps- Stay away from the big wheel.
Those are only for XC. :p

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019886
Mobile Version of Website