Official Vernon Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Vernon Riders Thread
O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 8:34 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:

Let's try correcting the improper video post. here it is.

Thank you

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 8:53 Quote
thekrow4jc wrote:

oh yah.. that one is a classic. As shred can attest to the moral of the story is never trust the person in front of you.

I am'ed myra canyon the other day damo.. hill bill is kind of the shit... i wish it was longer. old school climb 20 decent 20 type of old skool all mountain.

ps. wednesday after work i am taking the trail bike for a ts/be/sfa ride. 16 km of hell if anyone is in.

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 9:02 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
thekrow4jc wrote:

oh yah.. that one is a classic. As shred can attest to the moral of the story is never trust the person in front of you.

I am'ed myra canyon the other day damo.. hill bill is kind of the shit... i wish it was longer. old school climb 20 decent 20 type of old skool all mountain.

ps. wednesday after work i am taking the trail bike for a ts/be/sfa ride. 16 km of hell if anyone is in.

I was picturing it was you in that video VJ. Kinda seemed like your move. Blow out a corner and then pass it off as an excuse you where tired and needed to go lay down for a few minutes Smile

Hmmm wednesday you say....... I'll check the scheduling dept. I've yet to ride TS and want to give it a rip.

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 9:15 Quote
Hello Vernon riders,
A group of us will be down staying in ellison provincial park early july. I need reccomendations for trails. Group is intermediate ability, can handle the blues at silver star. We are looking for 3-4 hr trail rides. Don't mind driving a bit if need to. Love flowy trails with a couple stunts thrown in, don't mind climbing for the effort. I downloaded the app, looks great, good work who ever got that going.
cheers,

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 9:34 Quote
teleier wrote:
Hello Vernon riders,
A group of us will be down staying in ellison provincial park early july. I need reccomendations for trails. Group is intermediate ability, can handle the blues at silver star. We are looking for 3-4 hr trail rides. Don't mind driving a bit if need to. Love flowy trails with a couple stunts thrown in, don't mind climbing for the effort. I downloaded the app, looks great, good work who ever got that going.
cheers,

Ellison is fun, not techy, not challenging, but great for a leg burner ride. Kal Park is way more fun for techy and gnar. A great ride is up stone free, it will work you over, and then down any number of the trails from there. I like doing stone free, down twisted sister. But also well worth your time to see when you come if there are shuttles going up to Big Ed. thats a epic descending ride. Super fun. Enjoy your time here in vernon! I'd recommend connecting when you come with us and some might be game for a good ride to guide. Good plan on having bought the app! It's helpful.

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 10:00 Quote
teleier wrote:
Hello Vernon riders,
cheers,

I would also suggest south canoe and rubber down trails in salmon arm. Crawford trails in Kelowna, Smith creek in west Kelowna.

Posted: Apr 26, 2015 at 18:37 Quote
As shred can attest to the moral of the story is never trust the person in front of you.

True dat.
Everyones interpretation of terrain is different.
VJ makes sure you use all of your travel.

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 10:21 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
As shred can attest to the moral of the story is never trust the person in front of you.

True dat.
Everyones interpretation of terrain is different.
VJ makes sure you use all of your travel.

Rode a little bit of cherry picker last night. got lost trying to find a different line for shitbirdz and ran into it. (yes i had my bike)

cherry picker is kind of sick on a bike. lots of exposed rock so not a lot of rutting.

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 17:26 Quote
Noble Canyon trail day this upcoming Sunday May 3rd.
10am.
See link below.
Not a whole lot to do other than fix a few ruts and fill some old jumps back up with dirt.
See picture below.
Bring your pick/rake/shovel, 6-8" bike, full face helmet and something to shuttle with if you have it.
After the work is done, plan is to ride!

http://http://www.okcycling.com/calendar/

photo

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 20:22 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
Rode a little bit of cherry picker last night. got lost trying to find a different line for shitbirdz and ran into it. (yes i had my bike)

cherry picker is kind of sick on a bike. lots of exposed rock so not a lot of rutting.

Is that the one with the big rollers at the top that winds down into the power line cut?

Posted: Apr 27, 2015 at 21:23 Quote
freerydscott wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

Is that the one with the big rollers at the top that winds down into the power line cut?

no. thats that little gap jump near the bottom.

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 6:26 Quote
Interesting read on the Oneup patent...did not know they are a Squamish BC company, this will shake up the big gear game.

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 7:00 Quote
ridayobike wrote:
Interesting read on the Oneup patent...did not know they are a Squamish BC company, this will shake up the big gear game.

did you read oneup's comment's

'OneUpComponents (20 hours ago)
We're stoked that Pinkbike cares enough about us to run this article. However, as we expressed to the editor, we don't feel that it is particularly news worthy. Shimano, SRAM, Race Face, Hope, E-13 and Wolftooth all have patents or patent applications for various designs. Not taking the necessary steps to protect our own ideas puts us in the unfavourable position of having our unique designs duplicated while our much larger competitors block us from their novel concepts

i kind of wonder if maybe they are patent trolling or what the angle is here. they dont seem to want the attention but they do seem to want one of the big companies to pay them to use their patent. be interesting to see if a lawsuit or a partnership happens first.

O+
Posted: Apr 28, 2015 at 7:53 Quote
I think it's time for a high quality local ride edit with some epic music.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020996
Mobile Version of Website